PDA

View Full Version : Dewinterizing.

Bingo 57
04-01-2019, 05:46 PM
OK it's time to get things going for this season. First thing I wanted to do is sanitize the freshwater tank, problem is this 2016 X-Lite has the rear "conveyance" center where you can either fill the fresh water tank or flip the valve for city water hook-up. Do I need to "remove" the one-way valve on the docking station and switch to the tank fill position to sanitize the holding tank?? :confused:

Thanks for the help!
Jim

yesiamapirate
04-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Same set up. The guy that did my check out inspection said pour the Clorox or whatever you sanitize with in the vent hole. Remove the screen first. Replace. Hope this helps.

JRTJH
04-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Another "easier in my opinion" way to get Clorox into the fresh water tank is to use a funnel, pour the Clorox into the water hose, then connect it to the city water connection, turn the valves to the appropriate position, turn on the faucet and the water will push the Clorox into the fresh water tank as it fills.

You can pour almost a gallon of Clorox into a 25' half inch diameter hose, so you should be able to get all the Clorox you need into the FW tank.

Bingo 57
04-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Daa... Should have thunk of that! Sorry to bother.
:facepalm:
jim