PDA

View Full Version : Best Vacuum for RV??

08-22-2011, 07:03 PM
:wave:What is the best compact vacuum cleaner to keep in the Camper? Thanks, Chris

Festus2
08-22-2011, 07:08 PM
We have had a Dirt Devil which was purchased at Ace Hardware and has stood up well. Has quite a long cord and 2 vacuum modes --- carpet (small beater brush) and another mode for flat, hard surfaces and general vacuuming. It is not built in. My wife lets me use it once in a while.

wozzukes
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
We have the Hoover Nano which has worked well for us. It's lightweight (~12lbs) and the handle folds down for storage. It fits perfectly in our bathroom between the toilet and the wall which keeps it out of the way and it does a good job of picking up the dirt.

cumminsdad08
08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
i think that craftsmen makes a very small shop vac. like a half gallon or something like that. we use it where i work. not very large and works for wet and dry. i have been meaning to look for one.......

Lack of HP
08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
We have had a Dirt Devil which was purchased at Ace Hardware and has stood up well. Has quite a long cord and 2 vacuum modes --- carpet (small beater brush) and another mode for flat, hard surfaces and general vacuuming. It is not built in. My wife lets me use it once in a while.

You must have the same model that I purchased. Has the same wife instructions. Lack of HP

formyfelinebabies
08-23-2011, 04:31 PM
I just purchased the Eureka 71B for my home. I will be taking in my new TT. It is super powerful and has a roller bar which you can turn on or off. It is a hand held so it is not a "vacuum" but unless you have a lot of carpet in your unit it shouldnt be too bad to do small areas.

I have two long hair cats and it has been a best purchase. I ordered from Amazon for 36.00 free shipping. LOVE IT!

SAABDOCTOR
08-24-2011, 06:16 AM
HI THERE WE HAVE TWO LARGE LONG HAIR MALAMUTES. THEY SEEM TO SHED EVERY DAY WHITE HAIR JUST FLOATS EVERY PLACE.HAVE TIRE DIRT DEVIL'S SHARTS ALL WENT WELL FOR A SHORT TIME THEN JUST GAVE UP. WE BOUGHT A DYSON BALL SMALL ONE NOT A RECHARGABLE HAS A LONG CORD AND HAS NEVER STOPED UP AOR STOPPED SUCKING THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE COST!! BUT IF IT LAST 30 YEARS I WILL RECOVER THE COST. HA HA! HAVE HAD THIS ONE FOR 2.5 YEARS AND IT WORKS GREAT WILL FIT IN A SMALL CLOSET.:bdance:

Devildogmom
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Actually, we bought a Dirt Devil for the new fifth wheel. It works really great.:bdance::bdance::bdance::bdance:

cumminsdad08
09-16-2011, 04:34 PM
if its kids your wanting to clean up after, a boarder collie works really well, but i guess you still need something to clean up after the collie:rolleyes:

hankaye
09-17-2011, 10:44 AM
cumminsdad08, Howdy;

if its kids your wanting to clean up after, a boarder collie works really well, but i guess you still need something to clean up after the collie:rolleyes:

Don't have the kids nor the "wife's instructions to contend with, DO have the Border Collie, Use a Hoover Nano, works fine. Do have a 1 gal. (US), shop-vac for the TV and suckin'-out the heat ducts. Yep, find quite a bit of Border Collie in there as well. :rolleyes:

Keep mine at foot of bed next to wall.

hankaye

cinscope
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM
cumminsdad08, Howdy;

Keep mine at foot of bed next to wall.

hankaye

Your vacuum or your border collie? :)

hankaye
09-17-2011, 07:08 PM
cinscope, Howdy;

Your vacuum or your border collie? :)

Both ... one on each side ...... Border Collie HATES the vacuum!

:)

hankaye

mikenkel01
09-29-2011, 08:50 PM
We keep a small Dyson in ours....Love our Dyson!

Johnnyfry
09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Good morning all,

I second the Hoover Nano suggestion. It does a fine job on carpets and flat surfaces plus it has a hose and brush for cupboards and out of the way places.

As I remember it was <$50 at Target.

John

woolfski
09-30-2011, 11:52 AM
:bdance:We bought a Dirt Devil model UD40285 and love it. The handle folds down for compact storage and it has plenty of power to clean our RV. It has an electric brush that works great on carpeted and non-carpeted surfaces... We also got a great deal on it, when we bought it at the local Navy Exchange:bdance:

Sebring
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Just bought a Hoover Whirlwind upright. Best investment ever, even comes with a small beater bar attachment, which is so handy for the stairs and all the little nooks and crannies they like to carpet in the trailers. Amazed at how much sand was hiding in the carpet!

quensimp
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I think we all have different needs in a vacuum, some of us want a higher quality and some of us just want a cheap vacuum that does the trick for a while. With that being said I'm kind of a novice in vacuum buying and I thought you guys could help me out with some advice or suggestions. I found this site last night http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-the-best-vacuum-cleaner and I'm considering the hoover windtunnel even tho it's kind of pricey i'm hoping it will last a while. I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with it or suggestions of other ways to go? Thanks a lot.

Jca3
05-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I bought a Eureka. It says on the outside of the box "better than Dyson." It is a great vacuum. Better than the windtunnel. I have had them all. My daughter and mother-in=law have the Eureka too and agree it really does the job. It has bags so you do have to purchase those, but not too often and no dirty mess like the bagless.
We use a hand held shark in the trailer for day to day, but need the bigger one when we get home.

Lost
05-03-2013, 02:06 AM
We have two large Huskeys that are born to shead. Several years ago we purshased a Shark. It turned out to be the best vacume we have ever had so we bought another one for our 5th wheel and love it."bouncey:

crash
05-03-2013, 10:41 AM
We have the built in dirt devil central vac and we love it :D

diugo
05-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Space was quite limited in my 24' 5er, so I installed a $120 Eureka Yellow Jacket in the otherwise unusable high ceiling of the front storage compartment. Ran about 8 feet of 2" rigid plastic conduit from there to an opening in the bedroom step. A 30-foot stretch hose and wand retracts neatly into the conduit when not in use.

TDMerrill
04-27-2018, 04:59 PM
What model? hand held? Bagless corded? We're old but new at this!!
Thanks, Tom

sourdough
04-27-2018, 05:57 PM
What model? hand held? Bagless corded? We're old but new at this!!
Thanks, Tom

That thread is 5 years old. You might want to post a new thread. We use a Shark. It breaks down, goes under the bed, very powerful and takes up limited space.

LuvsPalmTrees
05-01-2018, 05:24 AM
We have a shark for the house and love it. Need to buy one for the TT. Right now I vacuum before we leave and when we get back. Use the old fashion broom while camping.

RK1978
05-03-2018, 10:48 AM
We use a small Shop-vac with attachments so we can also vacuum truck when needed. Fits at bottom of storage cabinet and sometimes gets taken out around home for jobs where the bigger Shop-vacs are too bulky.

DocP
05-03-2018, 11:27 AM
We use a small Shop-vac with attachments so we can also vacuum truck when needed. Fits at bottom of storage cabinet and sometimes gets taken out around home for jobs where the bigger Shop-vacs are too bulky.

Same here. Plus, it's right there to vacuum out the truck as needed.

sonic2
05-03-2018, 07:20 PM
We have a shark for the house and love it. Need to buy one for the TT. Right now I vacuum before we leave and when we get back. Use the old fashion broom while camping.

We have the Shark Rocket (corded). It works great! I can remove the brush head and tube and attach the short tube and clean out the truck and storage areas of the RV.

When not in the RV, we use it in our home.

Harleydodge
05-04-2018, 02:22 AM
We like the Dyson products. We had a 3yr old V6 model cordless that we used for light cleaning around the house and really liked the way it performed.
Just upgraded that to a "V8 Animal" model and we like it even better.
The V6 got a permanent home in the 5er.
They are Pricey, but you certainly get what you pay for, in this case at least.

Tinner12002
05-04-2018, 02:27 AM
We use a Dyson even though we also have a built in vac in the RV that's never been used, GF likes the Dyson so well she uses it at the house when were not camping.

bobz89013
05-13-2018, 08:00 AM
I use the Dyson V7 cordless in my 5er. also works great in the truck. Comes with the beater bar, crevasse tool and 2 different brush heads, Recharges in 30 minutes. Sure does make cleaning both a breeze.

Voyager
05-13-2018, 08:18 AM
I use a Ryobi 18v handheld vacuum for my trailer, uses the same battery as my Ryobi drill and compressor/ Inflater, also 5in saw and string trimmer, I have 3 batteries and 2 chargers so can change out for fresh ones if doing a longer job, I’m very impressed with this tool system and plan on adding more tools in the futur.

travelin texans
05-13-2018, 09:22 AM
We have the Shark Rocket (corded). It works great! I can remove the brush head and tube and attach the short tube and clean out the truck and storage areas of the RV.

Also have a Rocket, for the money probably the best vacuum we've ever owned. Boy does it SUCK!

cvin
05-13-2018, 12:36 PM
I have a lot of milwaukee 18 volt batteries and bought one of their small vacuums to go with it, works well for me

Also have their fans that will run off 18volt battery or 110 and those are great

E Rod
05-13-2018, 08:24 PM
My Alpine came with a useless Rechargeable Dirt Devil. Fortunately I removed the Central Vac System from rv i traded it for and I installed it on the Alpine. Works great.

Dave W
05-14-2018, 04:24 AM
We had a Dirt Devil on the last 5er - and found that it was just a bit better then useless even with extra hose length and the power brush. This one - we have a hand held Shark for day to day pickup as well as a Hoover Stick. Between the two, the 5er stays clean

5th_Wheelin
05-14-2018, 10:16 AM

This was by far one of the best things we've purchased for our RV. Works like a champ, even with dog hair. And I actually like the fact that it's corded. Never have to worry about dead batteries.