PDA

View Full Version : The Elusive After Dinner Sweetie

sourdough
03-28-2019, 06:30 PM
I have no idea what others do but in the evening I like a "sweet" before I hit the sack. It is a very bad idea and always results in me gaining weight...sometimes a lot.:lol: Nevertheless, I like them and, unfortunately, can't resist them generally.

I was in the local "Dollar General" (the only store within 30 minutes) getting some milk this evening and there, right on the corner isle, little bags of "sweeties"! (I try to never look for them because I know I'll get them). But there, RIGHT THERE, were little bags of all kinds of sweet things; no cooking, baking, mixing....right there...in a bag. So, I got 5 bags of them. But, as a suggestion for those that might like a quick, easy "sweetie" in the evening....Butterfinger Bites!!! Never had one. Glass of milk and some "bites" and it was really good. Also had to try my Snickers and Kit Kat minis...with some TruMoo chocolate milk. All this after my big fried shrimp dinner platter with fries and hush puppies.

I guess there's a reason I gain weight like crazy here and have to go back to W TX to sweat it off, but, if you haven't tried the above just go get a bag, or 3, and give them a whirl when you're looking for a "sweetie". Just a heads up for those so inclined and wanted to share.:lol:

Fishsizzle
03-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Uggg, I love all things chocolate but it’s instant heart burn! Plus trying to lose weight so sweeties for me are Quest Keto cookies. Pretty good with the Fair Life milk that’s filtered. Half’s the calories and takes out the lactose. Glad you found butter fingers! They are good

chuckster57
03-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Ok, I used to eat an entire tub of Ben &Jerry ice cream every night. Then they tripled the price and I was cured.

Latest downfall: chips ahoy fudge filled and to keep it low cal, a glass of 2% milk. I swear I only eat 1/2 the package.

CaptnJohn
03-28-2019, 07:20 PM
A Twinkie washed down with Diet Coke then a little ice cream bar. Being diabetic it doesn't happen often.

FlyingAroundRV
03-29-2019, 02:36 AM
My weakness is dark chocolate. I have to ration myself and make sure I eat lots of fibre, because the choc gums me up.
My other weakness is cashews.

Tbos
03-29-2019, 08:45 AM
Fair Life Chocolate Milk and a Peppermint Patty are hard to beat.

Number 4
03-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Mom always had dessert with coffee after our evening meals so I blame her for my addiction! ;) The list is endless, but my current fave is molasses cookies from our local Raley's bakery with a cup of cold milk or a mug of coffee. Those round brown beauties are dusted with a little bit of sugar so the upper lip lick is a delight with every bite. I just gained half a pound writing about them!

notanlines
03-29-2019, 10:37 AM
When we are in Chetek (Northern Wisconsin) for the summer our weakness is the Dairy Queen one mile from the RV park. Yes, I know this isn't real ice cream. I am from Wisconsin and know high butterfat quality ice cream. But in their defense, the Heath Bar Blizzard and the Butterfinger Blizzard are wonderful things about 9:00 PM. We share a medium and alternate flavors. I might like to have a molasses cookie with mine! And maybe alternate with a couple Twinkies and Snicker Bite-size.

jsmith948
03-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Well...MY favorite after dinner sweetie is the gal that cooks our meals!!!!

maccam1
03-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Dove dark chocolates and cashews at the same time are awesome

crk112
03-29-2019, 04:09 PM
We’ve generally got a big bag of Swedish Fish in the TT cupboard... the full size fish, not the minis!

sourdough
03-29-2019, 04:18 PM
We’ve generally got a big bag of Swedish Fish in the TT cupboard... the full size fish, not the minis!

Ha! Never even heard of a Swedish Fish but upon my extensive research (Google:)) I see there are Swedish Fish Oreos (chocolate)! Now THAT is something I can sink my "teeth" into! :lol:

vampress_me
03-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Wintergreen Lifesavers. I’m usually pretty good about staying away from them. But our daughter wanted some from the store - and now I am lost. Sadly, I will eat them until I get sick so it’s easier to just not buy any to begin with. This time, I’m trying a little restraint. :whistling:

Cbrez
03-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Doesn’t anyone on this forum enjoy a fresh kale smoothie late night snack :rolleyes:

tech740
03-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Doesn’t anyone on this forum enjoy a fresh kale smoothie late night snack :rolleyes:

I love those minus the kale, with extra Parrot Bay.

Cbrez
03-29-2019, 07:25 PM
I love those minus the kale, with extra Parrot Bay.

We might actually be birds of a feather

Fishsizzle
03-29-2019, 09:23 PM
Forgot, this is a 1-2 a month treat. Hang with Mr. Johnny Walker

CrazyCain
03-30-2019, 03:46 AM
Love me some Suzi Q's with a tall glass of Milk!

hankpage
03-30-2019, 06:47 AM
I don't crave sweeties, it's salty that floats my evening boat.
A toasty hot soft pretzel and an ice cold Stella in a frosted chalice.

roadglide
03-30-2019, 07:31 AM
I go through spells with chocolate..Peantbutter and celery works for me

spade117
04-01-2019, 06:21 AM
Forgot, this is a 1-2 a month treat. Hang with Mr. Johnny Walker

That's more along the same lines as me, except it's usually more than 1-2 times per month.

travelin texans
04-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Have a couple go to favorites, #1 is we share a bag of movie theater microwave popcorn & half a box of Hot Tamale cinnamon candies, good stuff, #2 is 3-4 graham crackers with cake icing apiece, not too bad either. Our adult choice is a good bourbon & cola, which is much more often than the other ones mentioned, also more than 1-2 a month.

Fishsizzle
04-01-2019, 01:07 PM
That's more along the same lines as me, except it's usually more than 1-2 times per month.

During busy months the employees dictate how much time I spend with MR Walker. Sometimes it’s more than normal.

cookinwitdiesel
04-01-2019, 07:48 PM
I have been doing a Keto diet lately, and when I want something sweet I just go for an Atkins shake or Bar. They are low net carbs but still very tasty and scratch that itch. But caution, if abused, you will get fat on them. Still a lot of calories from fat/protein.

The rest of the day I pretty much exclusively eat meat and cheese. And they call this a diet!! (lost 11 pounds in the last 13 days though.....)

HIDE-EE
04-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Sometimes hard to find but when I see them I always get a box of Charleston Chew minis. Put them in the freezer until good and cold. One of my favorites, but rum and coke is good too

Fishsizzle
04-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Sometimes hard to find but when I see them I always get a box of Charleston Chew minis. Put them in the freezer until good and cold. One of my favorites, but rum and coke is good too

Oooooo those are good but will peel my dental work right off!

Fishsizzle
04-01-2019, 08:53 PM
I have been doing a Keto diet lately, and when I want something sweet I just go for an Atkins shake or Bar. They are low net carbs but still very tasty and scratch that itch. But caution, if abused, you will get fat on them. Still a lot of calories from fat/protein.

The rest of the day I pretty much exclusively eat meat and cheese. And they call this a diet!! (lost 11 pounds in the last 13 days though.....)

Check out Fair life Milk and Quest Cookies (Amazon)

They treat me right in my sweet binge. It’s no toll house dough but will do in a pinch.

cookinwitdiesel
04-01-2019, 09:04 PM
I will indeed, those look interesting. Serious chunk of calories per cookie though haha, are they filling?

Fishsizzle
04-01-2019, 09:39 PM
I will indeed, those look interesting. Serious chunk of calories per cookie though haha, are they filling?

Yeah they are big, and filling. I thought Keto didn’t count calories? Just stay under 20 net carbs a day? Protein and veggies. Zero bread, zero fruit.

Picked up a book “Dirty Keto” Kinda reads like Atkins.

cookinwitdiesel
04-02-2019, 04:57 AM
If you take in more than you are burning, food calories are more easily used by your body than stored fats. Still want to run a deficit for quickest results. I am "limiting" myself to 2200 per day but am never hungry, pretty awesome.

sgrol
04-04-2019, 07:15 AM
I got fatter just reading this.

mikz86ta
04-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Ok, I used to eat an entire tub of Ben &Jerry ice cream every night. Then they tripled the price and I was cured.

Lol, funny how that works

farsidius
04-04-2019, 07:55 AM
I got fatter just reading this.

I was feeling the same way. After reading through this I can see why there are so many people on this forum concerned about exceeding their TV limits :D

66joej
04-04-2019, 08:28 AM
DW makes Fireball (cinnamon whisky) cupcakes. You can't eat just one!

German Shepherd Guy
04-04-2019, 09:52 AM
I was feeling the same way. After reading through this I can see why there are so many people on this forum concerned about exceeding their TV limits :D

:lol:

:popcorn:

Oak

SteMax
04-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Ain’t nuthin’ gooder than a pint of Chocolate Mousse Royale from Baskin Robbins.

AUPANNER
04-04-2019, 10:56 AM
made the mistake of going to Costco's food sampler had a mini cup of Jelly Belly's $4.00 off - how could one pass on that deal.
Icecream - always ice cream. Tillamook
from Oregon - any flavor