PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer

TJO
03-27-2019, 03:25 PM
Well my new Alpine 3400RS has finally arrived at the dealer. Picking it up on 9th of April can’t wait.

JRTJH
03-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Based on the time frame of arrival, I'd suspect that it was towed from Goshen, through Ohio, New York, Vermont and up to Ottawa or from Goshen, through Michigan and around the northern shore of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Either route, in March/April will cause exposure of the "poorly painted" steel chassis to road salt and other chemicals. I'd urge you to contact the dealership and request they give the underside a good wash as soon as they can. Otherwise, if you ignore it, by the end of summer camping, when you get ready to winterize for storage, you may find some unwelcomed surprises under your trailer.

It's no stretch to say that rust under RV's towed in the winter can cause significant damage in a very short time. Stay on top of it and you'll be fine, ignore it and maybe not so much..... Good Luck with your PDI !!!

TJO
03-27-2019, 04:17 PM
Great advice thank you will definately make sure that its clean underneath during my PDI.

Fishsizzle
03-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Congrats! We love our Alpine. Now if I can just get it out of the repair shop!

TJO
03-27-2019, 04:47 PM
Hopefully to get it out soon. We had a nice warm day here so some of the white stuff melted away.

Gegrad
03-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Congrats on the new trailer!

TJO
03-27-2019, 05:01 PM
Thank you Gegrad.

notanlines
03-28-2019, 02:01 AM
On the road salt subject; call them today, yes today, and not wait to look at the PDI. You don't want to sit around waiting on them to do a quick hose-down that won't make much difference. And how about a picture of the new TV and RV when they come about?

TJO
03-28-2019, 02:36 AM
On the road salt subject; call them today, yes today, and not wait to look at the PDI. You don't want to sit around waiting on them to do a quick hose-down that won't make much difference. And how about a picture of the new TV and RV when they come about?

Will do. Pictures to follow.

Northofu1
03-28-2019, 02:53 AM
Very nice :D
Congrats and enjoy :campfire:

TJO
03-28-2019, 02:56 AM
Northofu1 thanks we are looking forward to it. I have lots campsites booked already.

Cheers Tom

Chuck26287
03-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Well my new Alpine 3400RS has finally arrived at the dealer. Picking it up on 9th of April can’t wait.

I posted this over on iRV2 as well, but since I can now post here (I had an activation issue for a while), I'll put it up here as well, just in case you frequent this site more than the other.

This thread caught my eye for a couple reasons... first, we should be picking up our Alpine 3400RS this Saturday (Mar 30th). Second, we are looking to get it rustproofed underneath as soon as possible after we take delivery. We are trading our 2015 Keystone Avalanche 355RK which we bought new, and it has an incredible amount of rust for its age, and in particular, it's low travel. We have a small private family campground where we basically leave it year round, and use it every weekend from early April to early November, but have only taken it off the concrete pad to other sites 3-4 times a year. We plan to travel much more with the Alpine.

Have you looked into rustproofing since this thread brought it up?

When we bought our 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Diesel Dually, we took it right in for rustproofing, and drove a bit to get to a "Corrosion Free" application center. My research showed Corrosion Free was heavily tested in the Canadian military/government vehicle fleets, and did REALLY well. A few months ago we had the first follow-up treatment on our truck (you must reapply every 18 months, not every 12 months to keep your warranty), and it looks really good so far. I was wondering if you were looking into Corrosion Free rustproofing up in your area for your Alpine?

Anyone else have experience getting the undercarriage of their 5th wheels rustproofed? Anyone else ever use Corrosion Free rustproofing? I had a Camping World give me a ballpark cost of around $2000 to rustproof our 38' Avalanche, but he said it was similar to Ziebart I believe. I thought that was outrageous, but typical of RV dealerships. My Corrosion Free facility is a small family owned garage in Chickasaw, OH. They said the fee would be about $9 or $10 per foot of length for the 5th wheel. What a difference.

Hope you like that Alpine when you get it picked up! Looking forward to getting ours!

Fishsizzle
03-28-2019, 07:26 AM
I will be brushing some POR on the steel of our Alpine this spring. I’ve had good success with it on my other trucks in the past

TJO
03-28-2019, 07:28 AM
Chuck26287, no at this time was just getting them to spray down the undercarriage to remove any salt residue from the travel up to Ottawa.

Big1
03-29-2019, 12:47 AM
Congrats! Post pics when you get to bring it home.

TJO
03-29-2019, 02:44 AM
Congrats! Post pics when you get to bring it home.

Big1, Will do.