PDA

View Full Version : Inspect your propane tank hoses!

JimQ
03-27-2019, 03:02 AM
Yesterday I started to wake up the trailers hibernation. Re-installed the battery, walk thru, etc. While checking out the propane tanks, I noticed numerous cracks in the hoses going to the regulator. I was a little surprised as the trailer is only 4 years old and the hoses are not exposed to the sun. Simple change out, right? Nope. The hose fitting going into the regulator wouldn't budge. Then it snapped off. Ended up changing out the regulator also. Check your hoses to be safe!

major bumm
03-27-2019, 04:19 AM
Yup. I had the same problem, except my hose was only 1 year old. Could not budge the little bugger. While at the service center for other repair, they changed it out for me. The other hose on the dual tank unit, ok. ??

roadglide
03-27-2019, 06:03 AM
I had one hose leaking propain at 2 years old and the second about ready to fail . I was at camp ground Colorado. There is no qualty control , I have seen hoses on equipment from coal mine last longer then what keystone is buying . This should be safety issues. I suggest checking propane hoses at the dealership. I can guarantee the hoses are faulty when being made by some private vender .

KSH
03-27-2019, 06:37 AM
Had the same issue, 1 hose was cracked and leaking propane. Replaced both of them. 1 came off easily the other wouldn't budge. Put a little heat to it and it came right out.

BuxCamper
03-27-2019, 03:56 PM
Found a squirrel took a few chomps out of the outer sheath of my previous camper's propane hose from regulator to trailer. IIRC it was about $20 to have a new one made.

sourdough
03-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Had to replace ours and regulator at 2 years so they bear watching.