PDA

View Full Version : Front cap decal cracking

Biche
03-26-2019, 11:38 AM
We have a 2012 Alpine 5th Wheel. We live in BC Canada. We take good care of our home on wheel but after 5 years of visiting Arizona for 3-4 months a year we noticed while washing and waxing that the decals on the front cap is cracking for a lack of better expression. Has anyone else experienced the issue and what do you recommend we do?

AbHDToyHauler
03-26-2019, 12:16 PM
My 2013 Fuzion is also cracked and ugly. I am going to a local decal company here that said they can remove it and make a new one or one with anything I want on it and install it for us. Said around $500. They had issues with these front decals and some people got new ones under warranty. We are way past that now.

E Rod
03-26-2019, 12:39 PM
We have a 2012 Alpine 5th Wheel. We live in BC Canada. We take good care of our home on wheel but after 5 years of visiting Arizona for 3-4 months a year we noticed while washing and waxing that the decals on the front cap is cracking for a lack of better expression. Has anyone else experienced the issue and what do you recommend we do?

You may want to try those places that do Auto Wraps. I'm sure they can come up with a better and updated design.

JRTJH
03-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Decals for trailers prior to about 2015 or 2016 were not made with the same printing process, inks and vinyl that more recent models are using. On the "luxury grade" Keystone products in 2012 to about 2016, Keystone offered a 5 year decal warranty. On the "standard grade trailers" (with their cheaper decals) Keystone didn't cover the decals past the 1 year trailer warranty.

Your trailer is "well beyond the 5 year warranty and I wouldn't expect Keystone to offer any assistance other than possibly selling you replacement decals at outrageous prices. There are several members who are involved with commercial printing companies and in the past they have posted that the average lifespan for "upgraded, quality decals and vehicle wraps" is about 7-8 years under ideal conditions. UV exposure in Arizona is far from "ideal conditions" so I'd suspect that even the most expensive vinyl graphics would last much over 5-6 years, if you're lucky.....

That said, there are local printing companies that can make you replacement decals, some offer "artistic services" and can design graphics that meet your creative ideas. Or, EBay has a large selection of RV graphics, some OEM, many aftermarket, much of which is far less expensive than buying OEM graphics from Keystone or a dealer outlet.

If you do an EBay search for "ALPINE TRAILER DECALS" you'll get several choices, some of which may be what you are looking for. Many are 10% of the Keystone retail pricing. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=alpine+trailer+decals&_sacat=0

larryflew
03-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Yes on cracked and a bear to remove.

Cyberian
03-27-2019, 01:04 PM
If all else fails, Trekwood https://www.trekwood.com/replacements probably has replacement stickers.

May not be cheap, but if you want the OEM look-

66joej
03-27-2019, 05:20 PM
Just my opinion but why not just remove the cracked decals and leave the front as is. In essence we are advertising for the manufacturer. Just removed the dealer's decals on the new truck. Not that I have anything against him but I think they should pay for a rolling ad. YMMV
Also welcome to the forum.