PDA

View Full Version : Slideout roller replacement

Whitewolf
03-24-2019, 10:28 AM
I remember when I put our 5r away late last fall that I noticed the nylon roller under the bedroom slide has a flat spot on it. Most likely from not turning like it should.

Has anyone replaced a roller themselves? If so, where did you get the new roller?

chuckster57
03-24-2019, 10:48 AM
You can get them at the parts counter of your local RV dealership, but there are different styles and sizes. Best thing to do is look on trekwood and then compare prices, since they should show the one specific to your coach.

Whitewolf
03-25-2019, 04:41 AM
Thanks Chuckster, I'll look around on Trekwood. Didn't know they existed. Wonder how hard this is goin to be to replace. :ermm:

Willg1718
07-26-2019, 09:50 AM
I have a 2018 Keystone Cougar 344 MKS. The rollers on at the foot of our bed are small and poorly installed. They have started turning sideways and dragging on the carpet. Besides damaging the carpet this has put pressure on the attachment of the bed to the slide. The three screws that attach the bed to the slide started to pull out. I noticed this, removed the covers to the attachment point, and repaired using more and larger screws. Repairing the rollers required fabrication of new mountings points for new and better rollers from Home Depot. The old rollers are still in place because it is not possible to remove them. I raised the foot of the bed with the new rollers just enough for the old rollers not to contact the floor.

CaptnJohn
07-26-2019, 04:49 PM
Good job. With what my wife stores under the bed in our Montana I’ll probably experience the same