PDA

View Full Version : New member Impact 311

Disneydogs
03-24-2019, 08:21 AM
Hi
We (myself, my husband and our 17 year old son) just ordered an Impact 311. They said it may be being shipped (we are in Western Washington) . This is our first 5th wheel. We had a BW patriot hitch. We are trying to get all of the necessary pieces together. We want to get a lube plate but don’t know if we should get the 10” or the 12” any ideas?

I am sure I will have more questions and we can’t wait to get our trailer out.

Kim

chuckster57
03-24-2019, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Congrats on your new purchase. I personally use the 10" version and it has served me well for over 12 years and counting.

Chris P
03-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Congratulations on your New camper, Welcome to the forum from New Jersey.

5J's
03-25-2019, 07:40 AM
Congrats on the Impact. Welcome from SE Texas. I can't answer your question about the lube plate. I put a Reese Goose Box on mine so no need for me to deal with that.

crk112
03-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Congratulations and :wlcm: to the forum from Minnesota!

TJO
03-28-2019, 04:01 AM
:CF:Welcome from the Capital of Canada Ottawa, Ontario there is a couple of threads on lubplates just do a search if you want more info or thoughts. I agree with chuckster57 10" should suffice.

Cheers

66joej
03-28-2019, 05:07 AM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Try the grey ones they have graphite impregnated and do a better job. JMHO

roadglide
03-28-2019, 07:49 AM
You will like the 311 it's the smaller of fusion toy haulers with the weight 2500 k for the garage my 311 is very tough with out self levelling. I have the jack and jill entrance to the bath room we really like because we can get into the bathroom with out moving the slide . Have fun and good luck.

Travelinlou
04-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Do you have a long bed or short bed? The reason I ask has to do with the type of hitch that would be used. More specifically, if you are using a short bed, you will likely want to use a sliding hitch that changes the clearance of you trailer as it turns, avoiding the cab of your truck. If this is the case, then you would not use a lube plate, as the hitch has a special fixed adapter that actually moves with the hitch. If you have a long bed, then the more standard hitch would use the lube plate and your choice will be based on the hitch surface. A 10” is big enough for the 311. However, after many years of using a conventional 5th wheel hitch, I now use a all aluminum Anderson hitch system. This hitch system does not require lubercation, as it is based on a complete aluminum system without ware or gouging issues. I hope this helps you with your hitch lube plate options.