PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Fuzion 371 fuel transfer station

Truckbuddy
03-18-2019, 07:28 AM
We had a bad storm last summer that took power out for a few days. Hooked a generator up to the house to run refrigerator and well pump, then fired up the Onan in my 371 and lived outside. It was great but for one thing. I filled up the fuel transfer tank so that I could transfer fuel to the Generator tank (mislabeled but I found the answer to that a long time ago in this forum :) ), and found the fuel pump isn't working. I have the "timer" switch - 5 minute. Yes, I should have tested it first. :banghead:

The timer switch shows a green light when turned on, but the pump motor doesn't run at all. I can't find another switch anywhere, is there a second safety switch somewhere? I have been thinking of removing the electric panel cover to test for 12v at the pump, but would like to not take the pump apart if I am missing something. Fuel level works both on the app (another horror story when they "updated" it, but fixed) and the gauge.

Brentw
03-18-2019, 03:19 PM
I have no other switch, that I am aware of. Hit the on toggle and it rattles away.

whcarr
03-21-2019, 05:07 PM
2017 371, turn the Google on pump runs. Good luck. Oh mine was labeled wrong too!

Truckbuddy
05-19-2019, 11:18 AM
An update:

ECI graciously sent me a new switch unit, but that turned out not to be the problem. I did find it odd that they send only 9.4v to a 12 volt pump, but the problem ended up being that the pump lid over the gears was not machined well, and loosening it a bit after putting a new seal in did the trick. The pump works fine now, and i have spare gears if they swell. Some others may find this info useful.