PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC converter issues

AJFoyt
03-17-2019, 10:26 AM
I have my 2017 Raptor 398TS and began having issues with it not charging the 3 batteries last year. Now as A/C season is starting here after adding an external battery charger the converter seems to have failed completely with no led’s and even removing the battery load it does not want to automatically reset. Acts like it has no incoming power, but I have confirmed it does per the WFCO Manual. Any suggestions?

ctbruce
03-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Did you remove the batteries at some point? Maybe check its hooked up right and the reverse polarity fuses are not blown.

chuckster57
03-17-2019, 10:38 AM
As Chip said, look at the rear of the converter, there will be two 30 or 40A fuses, DONT LOOKI AT THEM, test with an OHM meter. then using the DC VOLTS scale, plug the trailer in and check for voltage at the two leads at the back. If you don't have 13VDC+ or better its toast. If you replace, consider upgrading the rating so it will charge 3 batteries easier.

66joej
03-17-2019, 02:07 PM
I have my 2017 Raptor 398TS and began having issues with it not charging the 3 batteries last year. Now as A/C season is starting here after adding an external battery charger the converter seems to have failed completely with no led’s and even removing the battery load it does not want to automatically reset. Acts like it has no incoming power, but I have confirmed it does per the WFCO Manual. Any suggestions?

Off topic. AJFoyt interesting name. pseudonym? AJ is still with us.

AJFoyt
03-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Did you remove the batteries at some point? Maybe check its hooked up right and the reverse polarity fuses are not blown.
Yes, did remove the batteries and checked all reverse polarity fuses are good per manual. Still no DC in coach and nothing happening on converter. It looks dead. :-(

AJFoyt
03-17-2019, 03:05 PM
Off topic. AJFoyt interesting name. pseudonym? AJ is still with us.
Yes, my first and middle initials. Kind of a childhood nickname.

AJFoyt
03-17-2019, 03:07 PM
As Chip said, look at the rear of the converter, there will be two 30 or 40A fuses, DONT LOOKI AT THEM, test with an OHM meter. then using the DC VOLTS scale, plug the trailer in and check for voltage at the two leads at the back. If you don't have 13VDC+ or better its toast. If you replace, consider upgrading the rating so it will charge 3 batteries easier.
Yes; dead on output. No LED’s. Confirmed 120v on input within battery load. 18 months old. Thanks for the suggestion about the upgrade!

AJFoyt
03-17-2019, 03:08 PM
With no batteries loading output.