PDA

View Full Version : LP water heater control

BamaRam
03-15-2019, 06:46 PM
I have a Suburban SW6PER Electric/Gas w Reigniter. The electric side works as advertised but the LP doesn’t

I checked the manual and the reigniter installed in my coach doesn’t match the instructions for lighting in the manual. So either Keystone or the manual is wrong.

The board that is installed doesn’t have an off/on switch and It appears that the installed reigniter board has let out the magic smoke.

The unit is less than a year old and the heater has a 2 year warranty.

Im on the road headed west, away from my dealer.

How would y’all approach getting this fixed?

bobbecky
03-15-2019, 07:17 PM
If it's still under warranty, take it to an authorized shop or find a mobile tech that can do warranty work. This is a link to the service manual- https://all-guides.com/manual/1055593/suburban-sw3p-service-manual-23.html?page=1
And, this is the link to the installation and operation manual- https://all-guides.com/manual/1055592/suburban-sw6p-installation-and-operation-manual-12.html
I wouldn't trust any Keystone generated manual that is mostly wrong about products that they don't actually make, but just install in the rigs. The factory manuals for all the installed appliances or other equipment are the only ones to depend on for being right.

Roscommon48
03-16-2019, 05:09 AM
try cleaning where the flame should be with windex. then take it to a dealer...you have a warranty.

ChuckS
03-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Well the pic you show clearly shows the igniter control module is burned up.. I’d try contact8ng Suburban and see if they will send you a replacement module..

Since you have the board out whyndeal with paying a mobile tech money for what it appears you have the skill set to do yourself

For my money I’d upgrade that board to one made b6 Dinasaur and be done with it.

chuckster57
03-16-2019, 05:39 PM
Well the pic you show clearly shows the igniter control module is burned up.. I’d try contact8ng Suburban and see if they will send you a replacement module..

Since you have the board out whyndeal with paying a mobile tech money for what it appears you have the skill set to do yourself

For my money I’d upgrade that board to one made b6 Dinasaur and be done with it.
I agree, but if it’s replaced under warranty, OEM board is required for reimbursement.

BamaRam
03-21-2019, 02:38 PM
It’s fixed. Made an in route stop at Holiday World RV in Alvarado TX. Nice bunch of folks did a warranty exchange. Two phone calls and one hour wait.

I’m hoping this one last for a while. If not, I will be looking for a better quality substitute.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

chuckster57
03-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Good deal!! Glad your all fixed.

Old Mustanger
03-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear you had a good service experience at Holiday World Alvarado, maybe I need to give them a second chance. :banghead:
Also glad to hear you got it fixed:)

BamaRam
03-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Glad to hear you had a good service experience at Holiday World Alvarado, maybe I need to give them a second chance. :banghead:
Also glad to hear you got it fixed:)

I made it easy for them. Troubleshot and took pictures.