PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor shower leak

Bdog2009
03-12-2019, 09:01 AM
I have a 2016 Impact 312 TT toy hauler and because I use it in winter the shower body keeps cracking. I want to put shut off on both water lines. Does anyone know what size pex water line they use?? I figure two shark bite shut off will do the trick.

JRTJH
03-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Almost all PEX lines in RV's is half inch rigid PEX.

dmcc625
03-14-2019, 09:48 AM
I have a toyhauler that I use during winter quite often as well. You may get some negatives around my suggestion, but I have done it for many years and no issues. I use compressed air to blow out all my lines when I return from a trip. You can purchase a quick connect air fitting that screws in to city water inlet and using around 30-50 lbs of pressure “blow out those lines one at a time. It only takes me about 15-20 minutes and I’m good to go for any weather. I do however use about a gallon of RV antifreeze as well to pour down traps etc, to ensure tank valves don’t freeze and traps are protected as well. I use shark bite fittings on lots of residential stuff, but a sharkbite fitting would concern me on a trailer due to constant road vibration and other factors.

Bdog2009
03-14-2019, 12:51 PM
I probably will tape the ends in addition to the shark bite. I just need to cut off the supply to the outside shower when I’m out hunting in the Mid West. I’m tired of replacing them every year at $40 a pop. Thanks for the feedback