PDA

View Full Version : Toyhauler upper bunk ladder

bubbubouy
03-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Our Impact 351 toy hauler didn’t have a place to store the bunk ladder. We tried storing on the upper bunk but it is difficult to get to and wants to vibrate off when on bumpy roads.
We finally decided on the following solution. I would be interested in what others may have done.

Brentw
03-12-2019, 05:03 AM
Inventive, that looks good. I'm usually tripping over mine.

Tinner12002
03-13-2019, 06:33 AM
I seen a post on a FB toy hauler group where a poster had used these and mounted his ladders on the ceiling below the loft in the garage. I purchased some also and plan to mount one ladder there and the other on the wall. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NOC8Q6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tinner12002
03-13-2019, 06:49 AM
Here's a pic if I can get it here,

xrated
03-13-2019, 08:43 AM
I've seen that picture also. The product/clamps are called quick fist and Amazon has the best prices on them. They only have one mounting hole, but the guy that did that added two additional screws per clamp and made sure he was screwing into something solid (bunk framework) lumber/studs.

bubbubouy
03-13-2019, 09:40 AM
Here's a pic if I can get it here,

Now I like that set up!

MattE303
03-13-2019, 10:04 AM
I bought a nice aluminum 3 step folding step ladder, mainly for getting into the high storage cabinets in the garage. It also works great for getting into the upper bunk, so the bunk ladder than came with the trailer stays home! The step ladder hangs on the wall with a simple coat hook I added.

spicercars
03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
I put mine on the lower bunk and lay a sleeping bag over it so when the bunk is up it doesn't go anywhere.

86GT2r
03-17-2019, 11:22 AM
On our Impact 361, we Velcroed it to the wall in the rear restroom. It doesn't interfere with anything and is out of the way.

RaptorJB
03-18-2019, 02:55 AM
IF you have a 2nd bathroom in the garage...Hang it on the bathroom door, slide it behind the door handle. Been working pretty good with no signs of rubbing. Door can close or open with no issues.

Travelinlou
04-05-2019, 07:34 PM
Hey, I like that solution. I finally left my ladder home and used a smaller one we use to get to the upper cabinets. Thanks for sharing.

Travelinlou
04-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Hey, I like that solution. I finally left my ladder home and used a smaller one we use to get to the upper cabinets. I recently found a much more robust 16’ extension ladder that works well for outside and inside requirements and hangs easily below the window in the garage, out of the way. But your solution is useful for those wishing to use the original ladder.

We now carry and use the Werner 16 ft. H Aluminum Extension Ladder found at Ace Hardware or on Amazon.

xrated
04-06-2019, 03:55 AM
I used the quick fist mounting that I posted about in post #5 above, and here is the results. Since this one is mounted overhead, I used four of the quick fist clamps and everyone of them is screwed into a solid stud/wooden frame member. I also glued a couple of pieces of 1/2" foam on the end of the ladder that is closest to the wall, just to keep it from touching the wall and scratching anything.

https://i.imgur.com/BMa6ZZS.jpg

The shorter ladder, which is the one for the HappiJac bed system was stood up in the corner, behind the door that leads from the living area to the garage. Since the weight of the ladder is resting on the floor itself, I only used two of the quick fist clamps....just to secure it to the wall.

https://i.imgur.com/e9Ce0mp.jpg