PDA

View Full Version : Amber Marker lens missing

arch113
03-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Anyone know where I can pick up the Amber marker lens, or a part number? I have one that fell off somewhere. Pic Attached...

Maybe this will fit? https://store.keystonervcenter.com/keystone/details.php?ITEM=3289121

chuckster57
03-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Take the other side off, it will have P/N molded in. There are a few different shapes/styles and it might be just as easy to take any other lens off to match.

JRTJH
03-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Remove the lens on the other side and you will find markings on it. Listed will be the brand and an SAE number. You can usually "match up" those numbers at an RV parts store, on Amazon or EBay. Sometimes with discontinued lights, you'll need to buy two and replace both front light assemblies as covers are sometimes no longer available.

Suggestion: If you find what you need, buy two or three so you've got spares for next time.... Buy yellow and red, since it's not just yellow that fall off :)

Here's a photo of a lens, you can barely decipher the markings on the reflective surface of the plastic, but it's there on almost every clearance light lens.

hornet28
03-10-2019, 07:21 AM
When you find new lenses put a little clear silicon around the edge before putting it on, That'll keep the lens on as good as glue but will come off without breaking the lens as glue would. Wouldn't hurt to do it with the rest of the lights either

Ken / Claudia
03-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Those and the T handles on the dump valves have a way of ending up on the road once and awhile.

HitFactor
03-11-2019, 03:29 AM
I found spare lens covers at a local truck stop.

KCSA75
03-11-2019, 03:35 PM
I found spare lens covers at a local truck stop.

I knocked off one of the clearance lights on our Cougar backing into the storage shed. I checked a couple auto parts stores, Amazon etc. Every place offered it but none had it in stock. I ended up ordering a couple but had to pay shipping which brought the cost to about $9 each.

Flash forward a couple months and I stopped at a Love's Travel Stop while traveling for work. They had one hanging on the wall for $2.19. :facepalm:

hornet28
03-11-2019, 06:34 PM
I knocked off one of the clearance lights on our Cougar backing into the storage shed. I checked a couple auto parts stores, Amazon etc. Every place offered it but none had it in stock. I ended up ordering a couple but had to pay shipping which brought the cost to about $9 each.

Flash forward a couple months and I stopped at a Love's Travel Stop while traveling for work. They had one hanging on the wall for $2.19. :facepalm:

Did you buy it so you have another in stock?

BamaRam
03-11-2019, 07:28 PM
When my trailer was new the marker lenses were hanging on by a thread. I used a heat gun to reshape them so the tabs would hold to fixture. They snap on and off now instead of falling off when I touch them.

Just a warning, this method could result in ruining the lens. Gotta do it carefully.

arch113
03-14-2019, 05:26 AM
Got the SAE# off one of the other lens(hard to read), and found one on Amazon, hopefully get here Friday before my trip Saturday...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RCP534/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

arch113
03-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Lens fit and I put clear silicone on all of them I could reach without a ladder, get the 5 later.