PDA

View Full Version : New members in Central Arkansas

Michaeldt
03-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Greetings all,

The Mrs. and I purchased our first camper in February. After researching and dreaming for something like the FR R-Pod, we found a great deal on the Keystone Hideout 262LHS at our RV dealer.

This rig is bigger than I wanted for our first camper, but I'm hoping the learning curve won't be too steep. At 29'3", it's a little daunting. We've pulled it three times so far and have to take it to our service dept. later this month to see if they can adjust the E2 WDH as the front of the truck feels light and a little loose. If they can make the adjustment and get a little more downforce on the front end, I think we'll be ok.

Anyway, we're in Central Arkansas, and looking forward to getting out and about in our Hideout (we've named him "Chet") as often as possible.

michael

TJO
03-07-2019, 08:33 AM
:wlcm: From Ottawa Ontario.

Northofu1
03-07-2019, 08:41 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto
Us Canucks are quick :lol:
Enjoy your rig and congrats

Retired Copper
03-07-2019, 12:47 PM
:wlcm: and enjoy the new camper. I did not care for the e2 performance with my trailer at 30.6 feet from tip to end. Broke down and order the Equalizer 4 pt. and made huge improvement. I still have the e2 and care the extra brackets and pins with me.

Gegrad
03-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Welcome from North Carolina!

5J's
03-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas and welcome to the Hideout club. Sounds like you may have a little too much TT for your TV. Be sure to keep an eye on your weights.

Rber1234
03-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Greetings all,

The Mrs. and I purchased our first camper in February. After researching and dreaming for something like the FR R-Pod, we found a great deal on the Keystone Hideout 262LHS at our RV dealer.

This rig is bigger than I wanted for our first camper, but I'm hoping the learning curve won't be too steep. At 29'3", it's a little daunting. We've pulled it three times so far and have to take it to our service dept. later this month to see if they can adjust the E2 WDH as the front of the truck feels light and a little loose. If they can make the adjustment and get a little more downforce on the front end, I think we'll be ok.

Anyway, we're in Central Arkansas, and looking forward to getting out and about in our Hideout (we've named him "Chet") as often as possible.

michael

Welcome to the world of TT camping.. Brother has a 26RBPR Premier that he hauls with a 2004 F150 5.0 V8 and can haul it but that size TT is at the upper limit of what the F150 can handle. Hopefully your dealer can adjust the WDH to give you better stability on your truck. Happy camping this coming season.