PDA

View Full Version : Weight sticker

HIDE-EE
03-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Can someone explain why the sticker on top of the tire info says cargo carrying capacity with fresh water tank full? Then the number given for the cargo, cold tank and hot tank are more than the cargo weight on the tire sticker? Seems odd

CWtheMan
03-04-2019, 09:50 PM
The label is sort of self explanatory. It has provided the loads with estimated full portable water. They have also provided a load with completely full waste tanks.

It's not the official label for cargo capacities. That's going to be found inside a cabinet inside the trailer. The official label (CCC) will reflect true cargo capacity when the trailer left the factory. Officially, all water is cargo. Any options installed by the dealer - except battery/propane weights - totaling over 100# must be deducted from the CCC before transferred to the consumer. If that happens they are required to adjust the CCC label.

See 49 CFR 571.110 or 571.120.

HIDE-EE
03-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess what is confusing is the numbers don’t add up. I know you said it’s an estimate but the specs for the trailer are 3 waste tanks at 39 gal each and that number when you do the math is correct but the fresh tank is supposed to be 43 gal and the math from the sticker puts it more line 37gal. Is it possible the fresh water tank is really 39gal?

CWtheMan
03-04-2019, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess what is confusing is the numbers don’t add up. I know you said it’s an estimate but the specs for the trailer are 3 waste tanks at 39 gal each and that number when you do the math is correct but the fresh tank is supposed to be 43 gal and the math from the sticker puts it more line 37gal. Is it possible the fresh water tank is really 39gal?

Could be all it will hold. Only way I know to check it is to empty and refill.

notanlines
03-05-2019, 01:36 AM
There are those who subscribe to the notion that fresh water capacity also includes the volume of the water heater. These are recreational vehicles. One shouldn't sweat the small stuff.