PDA

View Full Version : Fridge problems

sourdough
03-02-2019, 07:17 PM
I post this simply to help anyone out there, especially the new owners, with symptoms/cures for a fridge "anomaly".

We have a Norcold 8cf fridge. When we got here to FL I kept having issues with it freezing the fins in the fridge. Then it was OK. Happened over and over but it always went back to normal. Then, one day, my gallon milk jug was froze. From then on the fridge ran well under freezing. I moved the thermistor up and down the fins, set the temp setting and ended up turning the fridge off and on and trying to find a new thermistor- seemingly hard to do in the FL panhandle. After 3 days it finally got into Tallahassee, got it today, put it in and.....everything is fixed!!

I throw this out because we've had threads from time to time relating to fridge issues and this is what I experienced if a new person happens to encounter it.

It was very simple to determine the issue, test the thermistor, remove it and replace it. Just tuck it back in case you ever encounter that kind of situation. Happy camping to all!! (Yes, it is coming soon for our "frozen" members).

Tbos
03-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Thanks for sharing this information. I’m sure it will help someone.

mcomeaux
04-06-2019, 10:35 PM
Went through 3 thermistors and misc parts thrown at mine from several RV tech's and finally threw the towel in and had a Amish cooling unit installed in my Norcold 1210. Happy camper and wife!!