PDA

View Full Version : Gooseneck Vs B&W Hitch - Which is better

Ladylion84
03-01-2019, 08:05 AM
We currently tow a 13000 GWR 37ft 5th wheel with a gooseneck hitch. Looking to upgrade to a 15000 GWR 42 ft 5th wheel. Dealer is saying that B&W is better hitch and has better stability and smoother ride and less stress on 5th wheel. Love the gooseneck as we dont need to load and unload the B&W when not hauling camper. Currently Thoughts as to what is best?

Thanks

wiredgeorge
03-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Dealer is probably a B&W dealer and not an Andersen Ultimate dealer. Either will work just fine; try doing some searching on this forum for this very subject. Neither is better and both ways of hitching up have their proponents. I have an Andersen Ultimate.

travelin texans
03-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Can't help with any opinion on gooseneck or Andersons, never had either, but as to 5th wheel hitches, in my opinion, the B&W would be #1. I've had a Reese & a Husky then the B&W & it was night/day the best of the 3.
The dealer comment was just opposite of most dealers, they usually say the use of a gooseneck voids the rv warranty, go figure.

5J's
03-01-2019, 08:43 AM
The biggest issue with the gooseneck conversions is most of them will void the frame warranty however, I use the Reese Goose Box. This, to my knowledge, is the only one approved by LCI. Of course Reese is a part of the LCI conglomerate. I enjoy the gooseneck convince. Just do some research.

Ladylion84
03-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Dealer is probably a B&W dealer and not an Andersen Ultimate dealer. Either will work just fine; try doing some searching on this forum for this very subject. Neither is better and both ways of hitching up have their proponents. I have an Andersen Ultimate.
I should have said 5th wheel hitch. I use B&W as a the type when it is really a brand. Like asking for Coke - It is really a soda. Dealer is worried about cracked frame using gooseneck and is trying to convince is to switch to 5th wheel hitch which we do not want to do if we do not have it

Ladylion84
03-01-2019, 11:12 AM
The biggest issue with the gooseneck conversions is most of them will void the frame warranty however, I use the Reese Goose Box. This, to my knowledge, is the only one approved by LCI. Of course Reese is a part of the LCI conglomerate. I enjoy the gooseneck convince. Just do some research.
We have a Reese so we should not have any problems

boagey
03-01-2019, 11:52 AM
I have the gooseneck with the turnover ball, I bought the B&W companion, my friend bought the Anderson, either one will work. I like not having the rails bolted to the truck bed, removing a couple of pins and the hitch comes apart, pull the handle to uncouple, its out and the bed is clear.

chuckster57
03-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Love the Goose Box. Get the 20K version.

Fishsizzle
03-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Love the Goose Box. Get the 20K version.

Will be in my next truck. ^^^^

gearhead
03-01-2019, 07:04 PM
My PullRite is a whole lot easier to hook up then the previous Curt Q20.

chuckster57
03-01-2019, 07:14 PM
We prefer to install pullrite when we do sliders.

5J's
03-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Will be in my next truck. ^^^^The goosebox replaces the pin box. It doesn't go in the bed of the truck.

Fishsizzle
03-02-2019, 12:32 PM
The goosebox replaces the pin box. It doesn't go in the bed of the truck.

No Duh, but can’t put a goodneck ball in my shortbed, so all this (including Ball and Goose Box) will go on my “next truck”

tech740
03-02-2019, 02:05 PM
No Duh, but can’t put a goodneck ball in my shortbed, so all this (including Ball and Goose Box) will go on my “next truck”

Why not? I have a gooseneck in my short bed. I use the Andersen and love the combo.

Fishsizzle
03-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Why not? I have a gooseneck in my short bed. I use the Andersen and love the combo.

:facepalm:

I give up

sponge60
03-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I've used a Pullrite Super Glide and now the Andersen Ultimate. Definitely love the Andersen simply because of convenience. Pulls great. If you have the factory gooseneck package, I would seriously consider that option.

gearhead
03-02-2019, 08:59 PM
We prefer to install pullrite when we do sliders.
My Pullrite is not a slider. Its similar to a Andersen.
I think we are all talking apples and oranges. I'm not sure anymore what the OP is referring to.

Javi
03-02-2019, 09:09 PM
My Pullrite is not a slider. Its similar to a Andersen.

I think we are all talking apples and oranges. I'm not sure anymore what the OP is referring to.Pretty sure he's talking about a REAL gooseneck ball and a Goosebox, which won't usually work with a short bed. Hence the My next truck.

Fishsizzle
03-03-2019, 05:23 AM
Pretty sure he's talking about a REAL gooseneck ball and a Goosebox, which won't usually work with a short bed. Hence the My next truck.

Glad someone can read

kksfish
05-04-2019, 06:57 AM
Does anyone have experience with the” Fifth Wheel to Gooseneck Coupler Adapter ”

https://www.reese-hitches.com/products/Fifth_Wheel_to_Gooseneck_Coupler_Adapter,C5G

Not sure how these would affect the frame warranty issues but I saw one recently and thought it would be a simple way to go to a gooseneck without changing much

Thanks

Fishsizzle
05-04-2019, 07:04 AM
My step pop and cousin run the Anderson Version of these. They love them.

However, if you have a Lippert Frame, like they do, I’m told it voids their warranty. Others could verify that would be great.

I think on etrailer.com it mentions that the Reese Goose Box is the only gooseneck adapter that lippert will warranty

5J's
05-04-2019, 11:03 AM
kksfish, I do not have any experience with the 5th wheel to goose neck adaptor however I did get the Goosebox.

Fishsizzle, I actually called Lippert to verify the validity of the warranty with a gooseneck conversion. I was told by Lippert the only gooseneck they would stand behind was the Reese Goosebox. However, I stated earlier that Reese was apart of LCI but, I later discovered that is not true.

kksfish
05-05-2019, 03:52 AM
I wonder how LCI feels about the adapter I referenced which is by Reese....since they do approve the Reese goosebox?

roadglide
05-05-2019, 06:47 AM
:facepalm:

I give up I agree there can be 9 inch difference setting back from the cab useing Anderson then the goose neck . I like my Anderson hitch .

Fishsizzle
05-05-2019, 07:10 AM
I agree there can be 9 inch difference setting back from the cab useing Anderson then the goose neck . I like my Anderson hitch .

As much as I would love to try the Anderson in my short bed, I have bigger issues as my truck is over playload and I’m in the market for a bigger truck.