PDA

View Full Version : Buying new 1 Ton Silverado- Need dealer leads

therink
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi
I am looking to purchase a new 2011 Silverado 1 ton LT, crew, 4x4, short box, 6.0 Gasser (no diesel comments please), with 4:10 axle, relatively loaded, but not LTZ. No dealers within 500 miles of me have anything close to what I am looking for (not many diesels either). I have scoured the internet as well.

My plan is to email multiple dealers (near and far) with truck/option codes etc along with my offer price (from Edmunds). The dealer that meets my price or comes in lowest sells me the truck. I have done this successfully in the past and saved thousands versus walking into a dealership. I bought my fiver this way as well.

I Am wondering if anyone out there can refer me to a Chevy dealer (preferably in NE US) that is internet friendly and willing to deal?

jq1031
08-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Try Kevin Simmons @ www.darbyauto.com. He is the internet manager at DARBY BUICK GMC (Sierra & Silverado are the same truck) in Venice Florida & if he has or can get a truck that fits your needs he will do it. I've bought two from him, just tell him what you want & let him go to work. This guy will sell you a truck if your not unreasonable. Tell him Joe Quinn recommended him, maybe he'll send me flowers or something. Good luck..joe (BTW I'M from Buffalo, NY before moving to the sunshine state)

DTJ9610
08-18-2011, 05:18 PM
There's West Herr Chevy & Basil Chevy here in the Buffalo, NY area. My parents got their TRaverse from West Herr here.

joestaz
08-19-2011, 05:31 AM
I didn't think GM made a 1 ton p/u in short bed setup. 3500 series that I have seen whether single wheel or Dually are long beds.

therink
08-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Update
My dealer located a new 2011 Silverado 3500 LTZ 4x4, 6.0 crew, short box, 4:10 gears. Buying it for $500 under dealer invoice plus $3k rebate. Also sold my 08 2500 to my company for $3k more than I owe. Sweet. If all goes as planned I will be picking it up on the 30th.
I will happily post photos when I bring her home.
BTW- if you are looking for a new vehicle, go to zag.com to get true pricing. Then make offers to dealers online. Buy at invoice and never need to visit a showroom except to sign the dotted line. Worked for me.
Steve