PDA

View Full Version : SuperLite Laredo

KHBama
02-26-2019, 06:44 AM
Hey Guys, we have a Superlite 285sbh 5th wheel. In reality, what's the life expectancy of a superlite trailer? I know in order to get the weight down, they have to cut corners on quality. What's usually the 1st major problem I'm going to encounter with the light weight trailers? Are there any mods I can do to prolong the life of the trailer? Knock on wood, we are 15 months in and only encountered small issues like wall panels coming loose, drawer straps breaking etc.

travelin texans
02-26-2019, 08:18 AM
With proper care & maintenance it should last as long as you want to keep it. There's not an expiration or "use by" date stamped on them anywhere!!
As with any rv, superlite or otherwise, water intrusion is the biggest killer so maintain all caulking from top to bottom.
Usually after a few years you'll be ready to upgrade, as most of us have, to bigger, more room or more conveniences.

Tbos
02-26-2019, 09:08 AM
X2 on keeping all your seals good. Check them frequently and reseal before it’s an issue.

Pull Toy
02-26-2019, 03:32 PM
IMHO... With proper care and maintenance, you should have many years of service from a lightweight.

You also will have, if maintained, a desirable resale/trade-in when the time comes. There are a lot of people out there looking for a "used, entry level" to see if they like the lifestyle before they commit to all of the upgrades.

Good Luck, and enjoy the ride,

theasphaltrv'er
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
We don't have a superlite but do have an Xlite. Had it now for 5 years and put pertnear 10,000 miles on it. Haven't had any of the cabinets fall off any of the walls yet or a slide fall out or lose any wheels or axles. Having an industrial arts minor (taught woodshop) and being a cabinet maker, I just make sure all is in working order and ready when 5er is headed out and do what is necessary while on the road. There are good & bad ones. Just due your due diligence before you buy.

5J's
03-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Yep, what they said. Just take care of it.

Rber1234
03-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Hey Guys, we have a Superlite 285sbh 5th wheel. In reality, what's the life expectancy of a superlite trailer? I know in order to get the weight down, they have to cut corners on quality. What's usually the 1st major problem I'm going to encounter with the light weight trailers? Are there any mods I can do to prolong the life of the trailer? Knock on wood, we are 15 months in and only encountered small issues like wall panels coming loose, drawer straps breaking etc.

Just like everyone else said. The better you take care of something the longer it's going last.