PDA

View Full Version : Securing furniture in 3400RL

daveinaz
02-24-2019, 07:03 PM
So, today I decided to arrange the furniture in the living room of our 3400RL back to the factory configuration which is, as I understand it, the two recliners in the rear and the couch in the slideout next to the dinette (the PO had the recliners in the slideout and the sofa in the rear). When I moved the sofa from the rear I saw four D-rings in the floor —two near the rear wall and two a couple feet from the wall. I’m guessing these are to secure the two recliners, but with what and how. To close the slideout I had to turn the recliners sideways.

I also saw that the dinette table had holes on the base where it has apparently been screwed into the floor at some point. I reckon I should figure how to secure these things before going for a long road trip! Screwing the table back into the floor won’t be hard. Were the chairs secured somehow originally?

Thanks again for all your help.

66joej
02-25-2019, 07:24 AM
Our Cougar 318SAB had D rings, 2 on each side to tie the chairs down. Put the chairs side by side close to each other. We used self attaching velcro.

gearhead
02-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Watch those chairs. In our Cougar 28SGS they would rub against the window valances. I think I used 1" wide sleeping bag type cinch straps with snap buckles from my usual source...WalMart. Look in the camping section. I think I put the chairs back to back and wrapped the straps around them.

fatcatzzz
02-25-2019, 07:50 AM
Our 07' 3400rl did not have chairs. Love seat next to the dinette and couch along the back. And yes the table was screwed down.