PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the frozen north!

Canucktracy
02-21-2019, 01:25 PM
Hello from Northern Ontario Canada. We've just purchased our first Keystone - a 2018 Cougar Half Ton 26RBS. Can't wait for all of this snow to melt to bring her home. 12 weeks until May Long weekend! ❤️ 🌞🌲

66joej
02-21-2019, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
I'm a born and raised (well for the first 40 years) Thunder Bay boy.
Enjoy that new TT. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here.

Canucktracy
02-21-2019, 02:26 PM
Small world! Thanks so much. It's our 3rd trailer but our first Keystone. Can't wait for warmer weather ��

Jackitup
02-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Welcome from Kitchener Ontario! I can’t wait for the snow to go also, the count down Is on

14george
02-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Congrats welcome to the fourm from Wv

JimQ
02-22-2019, 02:23 AM
Congrats on the Cougar and welcome to the forum! I'm with you, can't wait for this year's camping season!

notanlines
02-22-2019, 02:53 AM
Tracy, welcome to the forum from west Tennessee! We get through Thunder Bay on occasion, lastly in 2017 when riding our Great Lakes tour. I believe we may have visited for the first time in 1981 (Yeah, I'm old) when we visited during the Jeux Canada Games. DW just said that I still have my Choklit Moose cap from that event. It is certainly a great city for visitors. Hope your new rig brings tons of great memories.

RagingRobert
02-22-2019, 03:21 AM
The more Canadians the better:) Thunder Bay wow, that is way north from down here near Toronto. It's been a winter almost like yours around here. Congrats on the RV. We have the 22RBS and love it, can't wait for May. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good help and info here. Only 3 months to go:( February's a killer eh!

Northofu1
02-22-2019, 04:14 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto
In Thornhill soon to be Aurora.
Great folks here, lots of knowledge and info if you're in need.
I am also chomping at the bit to dig out the trailer. I love the anticipation of what is to come.
Enjoy your time here. :D

CrazyCain
02-22-2019, 04:50 AM
Welcome to the forum from Michigan. Enjoy

5J's
02-22-2019, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas. I keep hearing about this "snow" stuff, it must be rough. Not to rub it in but we've been camping all winter here in Texas, we were just out last weekend and looking forward to our next trip in a couple of weeks. Enjoy your new trailer!

Canucktracy
02-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the love everyone! ❤️ And man I wish I was in Texas apparently! We get to camp maybe 6 months out of the year.

JMiller
02-22-2019, 08:09 AM
Welcome to the forum from Taylor, MI.

jimpa
02-22-2019, 02:39 PM
welcome from pa.

crk112
02-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Welcome from Minneapolis Minnesota! I feel your pain.. sooner or later I’ll take the time to take on winter camping!!

gearhead
02-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum from even deeper in SE Texas!!
Reminds me I need to edge and mow this weekend if the yard dries up from all the rain.
Need to fertilize the tomatoes and harvest some lettuce.
Maybe go fishing Sunday if I don't wax the front cap on the trailer.
Leaving in a few weeks to go up the Natchez Trace and into Virginia.
We'll be thinking about you.
LOL

PARAPTOR
02-22-2019, 06:17 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Not quite that bad in this area hopefully will be camping in a couple months

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping: SOON :dance:

TJO
02-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum we are from Ottawa area. We are waiting delivery of our new rig as well. Hope you have a great camping year.

MamaBear58
02-28-2019, 01:30 PM
Hi Tracy,
Jill and Alan here in SNOWY Mill Bay, Vancouver Island. First time in years we haven't headed south, and we are getting a little taste of what the whole country east of us has to deal with every year. We are brand new fifth wheelers too. Our 2018 29.5 RK Cougar has been sitting in the dealer lot since November. We have a 2010 Ford F350 to pull her. Like you, we are so excited ( and nervous ) to get on the road... About the beginning of Dec in order to start to familiarize ourselves with the Cougar we spent the night in the dealer lot in her with our 3 terriers. She had been winterized so we didn't use water etc and couldn't get the furnace to work so we were very grateful for the fireplace. We have pics of us sitting around our propane fire ring in front of the Cougar with dealer's RV's all around us. We ordered pizza and they brought to the locked dealer gate. It was a riot. We may never leave. Just camp in the lot.... :D Looking forward to hearing how your first year is. Take care,

terrythetech
02-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Welcome from Cannon Falls, Minnesota! Looks like another long winter before we can summerize our 2012 Cougar that is closed up in Pepin Wisconsin. Plan on going fulltime as snowbirds next spring if we can ever thaw out enough here to downsize and sell our home. I had enough of the frozen Northern winters. Hopefully, this is our last winter here.

grampscamper
02-28-2019, 04:09 PM
Welcome from southern Ontario. Like you we can hardly wait for May. We got our camping fix today at the Toronto RV show. A very dangerous place to visit LOL.

Maxpowers
02-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Greetings from Vancouver fellow Canucks. We just upgraded to a 2019 Bullet 265 RBWI. This forum has been a good resource for us asking questions as well as just reading old topics. Freindly folks and a ton of experience. Bullet has had a few issues to work thru but overall feel really lucky to have such a nice rig. Just added Firestone airbags to 2011 F150, glad I didn’t buy a bigger trailer because I am pushing my limits for half ton. Not over weight but not a lot left over for cargo in truck. Air bags are skookum and would recommend, even improved ride overall not towing boat or trailer. We are in the process of removing cabinets below tv and installing electric fireplace. Also going to rip out dinette and install breakfast style bar and stools. Countertop coming from ikea. Extra space will be for Dog bed. Biggest challenge this year is more boondocking as we can never get provincial camping reservations. BC apparently allows resellers and everything is booked and we are just tired of competing for reservations and paying for it. We did 6v batteries this year and next year will save to do solar.
Seasons starting to change already planning 1 trip late March, Easter, week in June and Canada day weekend. Staying home August long weekend, too hot and Smokey. We take a week in September as well then wrap the season at a Thanksgiving. Aiming for 24-30 nights in rig this season.

Enjoy your new rig and raise a glass westward for us Canada day (again on July 4th for our neigbours to the south) we will do the same.

BCIslander
03-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Welcome from the West Coast Victoria BC. Yes, we got snow this winter, if you're missing your snow we found it.

We have a 212 RBS WE, love it, great to tow. Enjoy, spring is on the way.