PDA

View Full Version : New Keystone Passport Owner

02camp
02-19-2019, 05:14 PM
First a huge thank you to the Social Knowledge Support Team for activating my membership. :bow:

A little history about ourselves. We are retired empty nesters who have been rving since about 1994. We, like so many others, started with a pop up then to small 5er, then a hybrid to more 5er's, (26',30',and 34'). Finally a 15 year old 36' motorhome that just about broke us. :facepalm: :lol: We sold the MH and took a year break before buying a 21' TT. We rediscovered the joy of rving but decided we needed a little more room. So last month we went to the Tampa RV show where we looked at a Passport 2521RL. We sold the small TT Feb 7th and on the 9th made the deal on our new Passport.

We did our shake down this past weekend at Edisto Beach SP here in South Carolina. The only problem we encountered was empty propane tanks!

Anyway we have a pretty good list of some mods we want to do over time and look forward to hearing from everyone here.

The Morris'

sourdough
02-19-2019, 05:30 PM
First a huge thank you to the Social Knowledge Support Team for activating my membership. :bow:

A little history about ourselves. We are retired empty nesters who have been rving since about 1994. We, like so many others, started with a pop up then to small 5er, then a hybrid to more 5er's, (26',30',and 34'). Finally a 15 year old 36' motorhome that just about broke us. :facepalm: :lol: We sold the MH and took a year break before buying a 21' TT. We rediscovered the joy of rving but decided we needed a little more room. So last month we went to the Tampa RV show where we looked at a Passport 2521RL. We sold the small TT Feb 7th and on the 9th made the deal on our new Passport.

We did our shake down this past weekend at Edisto Beach SP here in South Carolina. The only problem we encountered was empty propane tanks!

Anyway we have a pretty good list of some mods we want to do over time and look forward to hearing from everyone here.

The Morris'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig! We've not taken the trailer to Edisto but love to stay at the Wyndham Ocean Ridge resort there - it's a pretty place.

Gegrad
02-19-2019, 05:33 PM
Welcome from North Carolina! Enjoy the new Passport; we had a good time with ours.

5J's
02-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Texas and congrats on the upgrade. Sounds like you've got enough experience to be able to impart some wisdom here.

Chris P
02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey. Congratulations on your New camper.

Cbrez
02-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the forum from our current location in Venice, FL. Friends took their motor coach to the Tampa show last month and camped there for four days. Evidently it is a very impressive event. Glad you were able score a beautiful new rig.

Retired Copper
02-19-2019, 09:06 PM
Welcome :wlcm: hope your experience with the PassPort has been as uneventful as ours. Happy camping out there.:camping:

CrazyCain
02-20-2019, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the forum from Michigan, congrats on the new TT. Enjoy and make use of the wealth of knowledge on here......good group!
:camping::camping::wlcm::wlcm:
:popcorn:

Tbos
02-20-2019, 10:53 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy the Passport. We enjoyed both of ours.

02camp
02-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone! Not sure about a "wealth of Knowledge" here except I know a good bit about what not to do. :) I hope to post a pic when the weather clears.

Dobbs
06-24-2019, 06:04 PM
02camp Congrats on the 2521RL! We have had ours since the end of March. We've been out for three weekends. Been happy overall but we have had a couple of issues. The main one being the bottom hinge on the screen door breaking due to the anti-slam feature being too tight. Dealer was notified and we are still waiting for "parts to come in". That has been since mid-May. Fortunately we have the trailer and it isn't sitting at the dealer. The other problems are the stabilizer jacks are rusting like crazy and the USB jacks along side the queen bed don't work.
I hope you don't have any problems with yours.

Dobbs

02camp
06-24-2019, 06:49 PM
So far so good with ours. Rusty stabilizer jacks seem to be the norm but still not a good feeling. I can't say I've tried the USB jack in the bedroom. Next time we go out, I'll give it a try. No issue with the screen door. My biggest issue was how difficult it was to push the 39 amp cord back into the camper when packing up. I removed the access panel to find a panel screwed in place leaving very little space for the cord. I removed the 2 screws holding the panel in place which gives the cord about 2' of additional room making packing every thing back up much easier. Eventually I want to put a detachable cord on the camper.

Huntme
06-25-2019, 06:53 AM
Travel while you can,be caused you worked when you should of,and raised a family,at least I'm assuming you did being empty nesters.
This is a shout out from Oregon