PDA

View Full Version : No mail from forum

LHaven
02-17-2019, 10:46 PM
I sent this to the "Support Admin" ID, but was asked to post it here instead.

Email to me from the automated services on this forum is failing. I never got the challenge mail when I signed up (I had to have an admin approve me manually), and I have had posts of mine responded to, and received private messages, and never got a single email about any of it.

I do get the forum "newsletter" emails, but those aren't forum-generated.

Can anyone tell me how email from this forum would show up at my server -- that is, sender name and originating IP address? (If it's being blocked by our spam software or our local network, it would be because of one of those two things.)

If somebody could send me "full raw headers" from a piece of notification mail they received from the forum, I could extract all the needed information from that.

Thanks.

SummitPond
02-18-2019, 05:11 AM
Mine comes through as this:

Keystone RV Forums <[email protected]>

whether it's a summary report (i.e., newsletter) or a subscription to a thread.

Yahoo doesn't provide any more header information; let me know if there is a way to extract more.

hankpage
02-18-2019, 10:27 AM
Keystone RV Forums ([email protected]) Is the header on most forum e-mail

Keystone RV Forums ([email protected]) Is the header on the newsletter

Check your junk folder for both of these. Also I checked your private info page and it appears that you selected all the correct boxes to receive emails from the forum.

Hope this helps. Hank

Janet H
02-18-2019, 05:18 PM
I sent this to the "Support Admin" ID, but was asked to post it here instead.

Email to me from the automated services on this forum is failing. I never got the challenge mail when I signed up (I had to have an admin approve me manually), and I have had posts of mine responded to, and received private messages, and never got a single email about any of it.

I do get the forum "newsletter" emails, but those aren't forum-generated.

Can anyone tell me how email from this forum would show up at my server -- that is, sender name and originating IP address? (If it's being blocked by our spam software or our local network, it would be because of one of those two things.)

If somebody could send me "full raw headers" from a piece of notification mail they received from the forum, I could extract all the needed information from that.

Thanks.

I think this should be sorted out now - It looks like your account wasn't fully activated after a recent e-mail update in your settings. :flowers:

LHaven
02-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Not really... the "recent e-mail update" was an attempt to track down the cause of the already existing problem, not itself the cause of it.

I thought if I changed my e-mail address temporarily, I could get a piece of automatic forum mail sent to me, whose headers I could examine to determine what spam filters were being triggered. Unfortunately, before the forum would commit to the new address, it demanded I answer a piece of verification mail sent to my old address, which (of course) I never received, so I got locked out.

I did manage to capture headers from one piece of forum mail sent to the new address, enough for me to determine that nothing in it would trigger any of my own or my network's spam filters. So I still have no idea why I'm not receiving forum mail. Looks like I'll just have to operate with zero notifications until I have another bright idea.

Janet H
02-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Not really... the "recent e-mail update" was an attempt to track down the cause of the already existing problem, not itself the cause of it.

I thought if I changed my e-mail address temporarily, I could get a piece of automatic forum mail sent to me, whose headers I could examine to determine what spam filters were being triggered. Unfortunately, before the forum would commit to the new address, it demanded I answer a piece of verification mail sent to my old address, which (of course) I never received, so I got locked out.

I did manage to capture headers from one piece of forum mail sent to the new address, enough for me to determine that nothing in it would trigger any of my own or my network's spam filters. So I still have no idea why I'm not receiving forum mail. Looks like I'll just have to operate with zero notifications until I have another bright idea.

Do you have any other mail folders? promotional or social perhaps that these mails may have been collected up in?