PDA

View Full Version : Bristol time!

jje1960
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Heading to Farmer Bob's this Friday, anyone else going down for next weeks race at Bristol?

Jay D
08-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I wish, are you going for the cup race or the modified race? Just asking.

jje1960
08-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Going for both. I will definitely be at the Modified race on Wednesday, I used to work on a car for years when I was a kid and still have friends in the game. The Friday Nationwide race I'll watch at the trailer, relaxing next to the pool at our water-site... beer in hand! Have two extra tickets next to ours for the cup race, will try and sell them during the week. Have two a-joining sites at Farmer Bob's, like the extra room and this is vacation for us.

Jay D
08-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Sounds good, did you work on a modified or something else? If a modified witch one? I am the crew chief on a pro 4 modified, we race all over New England.

jje1960
08-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Sounds good, did you work on a modified or something else? If a modified witch one? I am the crew chief on a pro 4 modified, we race all over New England.
I was in the game in the late 70's, day's of Maynard and Richie. I worked on Dave Nichols car, #34 Upstate New York. Memories from Spencer, Shangri la, Trenton, Oswego, Lancaster and others.

Jay D
08-17-2011, 03:20 PM
I was a very young kid at that time. I wish I could been around with those guys.

jje1960
08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I was a very young kid at that time. I wish I could been around those guys.
Yea, those were definitely the 'Days'.... We used to come down South in the winter to run, actually remember one time fixing our car after a wreak at Hicory in Handsome Harry's Garage! Live in WV now... the week after Bristol we are driving up on Labor Day weekend for Oswego and the Modified 150 ROC race. I love Oswego, however it's been looking pretty 'old' in the last few years.

Jay D
08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
That's great, some day I want to head down south to catch all the northern guys run down there. This weekend I'm off to Monadnock speedway in NH, then Seekonk in MA. I can't for the world series at Thompson, I will be bring the camper there for the week. Have yourself a safe and enjoyable trip to Bristol.

2011 keystone
08-19-2011, 06:39 AM
jje1960 what part of WV do you live in I am just north of charleston.

jje1960
08-19-2011, 09:07 AM
jje1960 what part of WV do you live in I am just north of charleston.
Jefferson County, panhandle border area, very close to Harpers Ferry.

jje1960
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Well, Bristol was a blast, had a few issues though.... First night there, strange severe thunderstorm came through and broke the SRX awning up... genset broke, however lucky we had a 1k spare, still had coffee... Will see how our dealer deals with the awning repair....

dave-g
09-01-2011, 02:39 AM
sorry about your awning-

They seem so fragile- If I'm not sitting under it I roll it up.

I'm going to look at my insurance policy to see if I have coverage for wind damage.

jje1960
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
sorry about your awning-

They seem so fragile- If I'm not sitting under it I roll it up.

I'm going to look at my insurance policy to see if I have coverage for wind damage.
We were super happy in Myrtle Beach with the awning, only had to take it back in a couple of times. This storm that came up down at Bristol was really severe, however short. A bunch of awnings were over their trailers... one unit a bit down from us.... used the awning like a sail, went over the unit and moved the trailer like 5' ! Lesson learned for sure. Have a hefty deductible to pay, now just have to get the unit up to the dealer for estimate, then parts order and repair.... What a pain.