PDA

View Full Version : Lippert Six Point Hyd Level Up and Hyd slide Manual Override PDF

ChuckS
02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Created this PDF for others that may have questions about how to manually over ride their hydraulic level up and hydraulic slide outs.. These steps will allow you to manually retract your slide outs and leveling legs in the event of a system DC power failure or hydraulic pump motor failure. Also if the level up control panel fails to work or the reverse polarity solenoid fails these steps will let you manually retract your hydraulic slide outs and hydraulic leveling system.

There are many PDFs currently out there from Lippert describing how to do this but the pictures in the PDFs I've been able to locate do not adequately represent what my Lippert system looks like... Particularly the manual over ride solenoid valves for the curbside/passenger side solenoids and slide out solenoids.

Tbos
02-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Thanks Chuck. This is great. Your advice on the Alpine Owners Facebook page has been a tremendous help to many of us too. We really appreciate your help.

Old Mustanger
02-17-2019, 08:40 PM
Thanks Chuck. This is great. Your advice on the Alpine Owners Facebook page has been a tremendous help to many of us too. We really appreciate your help.

Which Alpine Owners Facebook page? Is it the Keystone Alpine Owners Group?

Old Mustanger
02-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Thanks Chuck! Tired of keeping my fingers crossed that I would never have to figure out how to do this. :bow:

Tbos
02-18-2019, 06:19 AM
Which Alpine Owners Facebook page? Is it the Keystone Alpine Owners Group?

Yes its the Keystone Alpine Owners group.

sandy43
02-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Great Job. Thanks
Also, I talked to LCI last week and they said the allen wrench was a 5/32, not 1/8. I haven't had a chance to check that out as yet. No matter, your PDF file is really helpful.

Wtrandall
10-15-2021, 08:12 AM
I am about to attempt to resolve a slide retraction failure due to a leaking line in hydraulic system. Me question is simple and one that was not answered. If the system is failing due to either no fluid or leaking fluid can it still be retraced manually? Thanks, Wes

ChuckS
10-17-2021, 04:13 AM
I am about to attempt to resolve a slide retraction failure due to a leaking line in hydraulic system. Me question is simple and one that was not answered. If the system is failing due to either no fluid or leaking fluid can it still be retraced manually? Thanks, Wes

If the hyd slide has gear packs and there is no fluid or leaking fluid the answer is a simple YES... use a wrench on the interconnecting shaft between the two gear packs and slowly turn the shaft to retract the slide

Being aware of course that as the slide moves in the hyd cylinder piston WILL push more hyd fluid out of the leaking line, etc...

If the slide is hyd and is a BR slide like mine that has NO gear packs then you will have a tougher time closing that slide because of the slider bedrail assy.. but it could be closed manually by lifting the bed and removing the panel to access the hyd piston and simply disconnect one one end and manually push slide in... you would then need to use some blocks of wood from the inside to hold that slide out closed other wise if towing it will begin t move out

Wtrandall
10-17-2021, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the detailed response. Wes