PDA

View Full Version : Not yet

Whitewolf
02-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Ummm...no,...no. Gonna be awhile yet.

busterbrown
02-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Your RAM doesn't look happy either! Better remove the icicles off the bumper...

Gegrad
02-16-2019, 01:58 PM
That is some serious snow and ice. Yeah, gonna be a few more weeks there, at least. Waiting for warmer weather is always the hardest part of this time of year.

HitFactor
02-16-2019, 02:35 PM
I remember living on US-41, there were public service announcements about coming into contact with the electric wires because the snow banks would get so high.

RagingRobert
02-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Looks like an average Canadian winter day :)
This is why we really love spring, summer, fall, and camping :)

sourdough
02-16-2019, 04:29 PM
Ummm...no,...no. Gonna be awhile yet.

NOPE!! That explains why we have so many folks here from the UP that we've made friends with! I can see why they are drawn to these blue waters, beautiful spring flowers, 75 degree days.....ahhhh! Oh, sorry.....yep, looks like it will be awhile...."up there".:D Come on down when you can!

JRTJH
02-16-2019, 08:09 PM
The Old Farmer's Almanac predicted a colder than normal winter with less than normal snowfall. It was going "sort of" like that until this past 3 weeks. Since the end of January, "all hell's broke loose" around here. I spent 5 hours today using the front end loader and the 3-point snowblower trying to clear enough space to put fresh snow (predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday)...

While I was clearing the pole barn drive, I went inside to check on the Cougar. It's safe and secure, but the big rolling door that has to open so we can escape, well it's frozen to the ground from the freeze/thaw/freeze cycles we've had this past week. So, it looks like we're "grounded" until I can get that door thawed enough to open.

Right now (I'll take some photos tomorrow) we've got about 3-4 feet of snow cover and the sides of the roads, especially at the intersections, are somewhat blocked with 6-8 foot piles of snow on all 4 corners. So, I've decided not to buy the new edition of Old Farmer's Almanac. I used to believe it, but this year, well, not so much......