PDA

View Full Version : Slide out question

Jgraham14813
02-11-2019, 04:41 PM
With the slide out pulled all the way in should I be able to grab the top (standing inside the camper) and lift the slide is this normal or is this indicating something is broke or loose. If it’s all the way out it is tight and there is no moving.

2001 keystone cougar 276

Tbos
02-11-2019, 04:47 PM
What kind of slide is it? I’ve never tried that. Does it fit tight on the outside or can you move it from there too?

Jgraham14813
02-11-2019, 05:56 PM
I have no idea what kind of system it is I want to say it’s a through frame design. And if the slide is all the way out I can’t move it at all. I have been trying to center it up as the rear of the slide has less of a gap than the front trying to see if that will help my slide issue I’m having and when I pushed it from inside I noticed that I can actually pick it up if it’s in

Jgraham14813
02-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Here are some pics of what the rails and the mounts look like maybe can help identify the type of slide it is by the way it’s like a 12’ slide

Tbos
02-12-2019, 08:45 AM
By looking at your pictures you can see a motor. I think that makes it a rack and pinion system. They are supposed to be pretty reliable. Look on You Tube to see if you can find adjustment procedures. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will weigh in and can help.

Jgraham14813
02-12-2019, 09:54 AM
It is the rack and pinion system for sure motor on one end long rod with gears. There is no binding at all now but still seams like not enough power to the motor even though the motor looks great, brushes are new connections are good. And battery is reading 13.3 -13.5 volts. If the controller was going bad would that cause this issue

bobbecky
02-12-2019, 11:01 AM
The only place the slide is attached to the slide mechanism is at the outboard connection to the frame of the slide. The slide is supported by the guide bar or rollers at the bottom of the trailer opening, but otherwise there is nothing to prevent you from being able to lift the inner side of the slide up from it's guide or rollers, except for the weight of the slide.