PDA

View Full Version : So THAT’S why my slideout wouldn’t close properly!, DOH!!

daveinaz
02-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Okay. I guess I’m daft.

My main slideout hasn’t been closing properly. The upper left has been sticking out about 2.5 inches when it closes. I checked inside and found no obstructions. So today I tried adjusting its alignment and vertical adjustment on that side. I made half turn vertical adjustments up to two complete revolutions and saw no change. Hmm.

So... I went up the ladder...and looked on top of the slide out. And found the reason — a beer bottle!!! It’s been up there since I bought it, and managed to stay there despite being towed a number of miles.

So, on one hand, I’m glad that’s all it was. On the other hand, what a dope for not looking there sooner!!

Tbos
02-10-2019, 06:37 PM
At least you eventually found it.

chuckster57
02-10-2019, 06:49 PM
I’m wondering how it got there.

daveinaz
02-10-2019, 08:13 PM
I’m wondering how it got there.

Me too! You’d think it would have broken if thrown up there. Maybe the PO was working on the roof and forgot about it?

jsmith948
02-11-2019, 06:45 AM
How did you keep water out of the trailer when it rained or when you washed it? Considering all of the posts I've seen regarding cabinet/pantry/bathroom doors being destroyed when opening and closing slides, I'm surprised the bottle wasn't crushed.

14george
02-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Maybe someone threw it up there when you were camping

Carrottop
02-11-2019, 07:25 AM
I once left the pry bar for the equalizer 4pt hitch on the bumper of my truck. Drove home for 2 1/2 hours and it was still sitting in the same spot.

Racebug
02-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Andy Dufrane and his boys must have done the roof. :lol:

FlyingAroundRV
02-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Okay. I guess I’m daft.

My main slideout hasn’t been closing properly. The upper left has been sticking out about 2.5 inches when it closes. I checked inside and found no obstructions. So today I tried adjusting its alignment and vertical adjustment on that side. I made half turn vertical adjustments up to two complete revolutions and saw no change. Hmm.

So... I went up the ladder...and looked on top of the slide out. And found the reason — a beer bottle!!! It’s been up there since I bought it, and managed to stay there despite being towed a number of miles.

So, on one hand, I’m glad that’s all it was. On the other hand, what a dope for not looking there sooner!!
Dave:
That's another justification for what I do every time we pack up at a CG. I get up on the ladder and sweep the top of the slides. Almost every time, there are sticks and leaves and whatnot (no beer bottles...yet) up there that would defintely interfere with the slide operation or degrade the seals.

ctbruce
02-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Andy Dufrane and his boys must have done the roof. [emoji38]That's a great reference.

Drinking beer on the roof can be a dangerous pursuit.

RagingRobert
02-11-2019, 02:05 PM
That's a crazy one Dave. I also do what Scott @ 9 says and usually find something up there. Never a bottle or a can mind you, just branches or leaves.

rhagfo
02-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Was it full or empty??

daveinaz
02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Was it full or empty??

Alas, it was empty....