PDA

View Full Version : L.p. gas detector solid red with no beep

brianshellhart
02-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Hey just wondering why my L.P. gas decetor is red but no alarm sounds when I press the reset button nothing happens it just stays red

JRTJH
02-09-2019, 03:46 PM
LPG detectors have a service life of around 5 years. There "should be" a "replace before date" stamped on the back of the LPG detector and the owner's manual should address the service life. If this is the "OEM LPG detector" then chances are it's on its "second full service life". Time for a replacement. While you're at it, the CO (carbon monoxide) detector also has a 5 year service life as do most smoke detectors, so........ Yeah, more of your money spent by people you don't even know..... Trust me when I say that with an RV, it never ends....

Many say the two "happiest days" in any RV owners life are the day they buy it and the day they see it pull out of their driveway for the last time...... :whistling:

brianshellhart
02-09-2019, 03:59 PM
LoL that's funny! Yeah money comes and goes I bought this camper a year ago and I know there is always something going astray. Fix's are fix's thou don't mind spending the money on safety items good to know thanks for the information!