PDA

View Full Version : 05 cougar slideout ?

woowoobubba
08-16-2011, 05:20 AM
05 cougar 24rls w/slideout couch and table , just noticed a spring hanging from under my slide out , it is attached on the slideout in between the two support members on the slideout but the other end of the spring is just hanging and i can't figure out where the spring hooks or belongs .the spring is about 2 foot long and about 1/2 inch round .. any idea where it hooks or whats the purpose ? also how do you prevent a awning from getting creeses in it when you roll it up ?

hankpage
08-16-2011, 07:17 AM
That spring should be attached to the wires feeding the slide. It is there to keep the wires from hanging down and snagging when slide is opened or closed. There should be some tape left where it was attached. Hope this helps, Hank

woowoobubba
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
after looking i can't see any where where the spring has been hooked ..laying under the slideout the wires are to the left , then you have the support beam on the slideout on the left , then on the right side of the support beam there's the spring about 6 inches to the right of the support beam ..should the spring tie back in to the wires ? do the spring go over the support beam or under the support beam ?