PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Diagonal Crack top of Slide out opening

kkmet
02-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Has anyone had this repaired? This is a 2018 Cougar 366RDS Been in the dealership 2 weeks and they say waiting on Keystone. I call keystone and they say that they have been talking to dealer. Still the dealer says that they have not gotten back with him on how to fix. The unit was built March of 2018. We have the 3 year structural warranty but still this looks like it will be more than a stop drill hole and bondo.

Experiences and how they handled and fixed it please.

Thank you,

Kevin

Tbos
02-05-2019, 03:35 PM
I hope they come up with a good way to fix this permanently. I’ve heard of others that ended up having the rig eventually delivered to the factory where they rebuilt the wall.

kkmet
02-09-2019, 06:13 AM
Keystone called me. They are taking my unit back to the factory for repairs. They would not tell me what or how they intend to fix it until it is there and they inspect it. But the dealer discovered that the crack was all the way trough to the interior after they pulled the wall vinyl back a bit.:(

Tbos
02-09-2019, 06:31 AM
Keystone called me. They are taking my unit back to the factory for repairs. They would not tell me what or how they intend to fix it until it is there and they inspect it. But the dealer discovered that the crack was all the way trough to the interior after they pulled the wall vinyl back a bit.:(

That’s great news. I hope the repair goes quickly and smoothly.

JRTJH
02-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Good News !!!

I'd urge you to remove ALL (EVERYTHING) that is not "standard OEM equipment" from your trailer before it departs the dealer's lot !!!!!

Those things have a way of disappearing and with it leaving the dealership, transport driver to the factory, work through the factory, different transport company to bring it back and sitting on the dealer's lot while they get it ready for you to pick up, there's no way to place blame on missing items or damaged personal equipment.....