PDA

View Full Version : Airrforcre 42" fan light globe

Jeremy888
02-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Our washing machine vibration shook out the glass globe in the fan . I have not been successful in finding a replacement . Apparently Airrforce is out of business . Any one know if someone bought them out ? The globe has a unique screw on thread that I've never seen before on avlamp globe . Etrailer no help . They tried yo sell me one that obviously is not right .See photos .Thanks

JRTJH
02-04-2019, 10:05 AM
That's a strange one !!! It might be simpler to move "to the next higher assembly" and take down the entire lamp kit, go to HD or Lowe's and buy a replacement "fan light kit". Typically they all have the same "screw in thread" attachment to the fan and the wiring is the same for almost all of them.

You might also try Trekwood.com. They list the fan, blades, blade screws and blade mounts but not the globe. Give them a call, they might have them and just not listed on their site..... http://www.trekwood.com/products/606247/Fan-Ceiling-42-Hugger-4-Blade-Carb-2-Black-Villa-w-Frosted-Light-Kit-Brushed-Chrome

Jeremy888
02-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Thanks JRTJH , I have sent them an email. Jeremy

bobbecky
02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Ceiling-Fans/AirrForce/277-000083.html

JRTJH
02-04-2019, 09:21 PM
$11.60 plus shipping: https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/AirrForce/277-000389.html

Jeremy888
02-05-2019, 09:24 AM
To JRTJH & bobbecky This is not the correct globe. I have already been online with ETrailer and they said this will fit , but I dont see the threads on the Globe base . I outlined them in pink sharpie to make them stand out ...

bobbecky
02-05-2019, 03:54 PM
If it were me, I would just buy a new fan with the globe assembly and replace the old one. In the long run, even if you did find a new globe with the threaded design, it will eventually come unscrewed like the first one. You can get the one online or possibly find one in a big box store, maybe a different brand, but still the hugger style that will clear the slides.

Jeremy888
02-06-2019, 08:25 PM
JRTJH had the right one 277-000389 . I got the phone number of the manufacturer from E-trailer, Patrick Industries . They checked to see if the globe had threads for me. It does ,(see attachment) . The photo on E-trailers web site is either the wrong globe or the threads are just not discernable in any of the pics . However the written description does say it screws in .. I should have dug in a little deeper . At any rate another win for the forum . Thanks to all who helped.

JRTJH
02-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Glad it worked out for you. At that price and knowing they won't be available in the future. I'd order two and put one somewhere as "insurance" that the one is use will NEVER break LOL

Jeremy888
02-07-2019, 06:10 AM
JRTJH ,Yes I have considered that ,I am going to make sure it fits first ... Ill have to pay for shipping twice but that's OK. Did you happen to read the details on E-trailer in Q&A ? I was hasty in thinking it was the wrong globe because of the photo. Thanks again for your help .