PDA

View Full Version : Propane flow to stove

97winger
02-04-2019, 07:26 AM
We are losing propane flow to the stove and burners. When the furnace kicks on the flow to the stove works fine as soon as the heat kicks off we lose flow to the stove. I swapped tanks I swapped hoses I bleed the air out of the system and the problem continues. What else could cause this issue.

TLB
02-04-2019, 07:36 AM
I think someone has posted this same question not to long ago.
Hopefully they will see your post and offer some help.

chuckster57
02-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Usually it’s the opposite. My partner (30 yr tech) is scratching his head like I am.

JRTJH
02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
It sounds to me (definitely a SWAG) that the diaphragm in the regulator is defective and not allowing for a rapid change in gas delivery. Swap out the regulator for a "known good one" and I think your problem will go away....

If you have someone with an RV, swap out their regulator for yours as a test, might save you the $30 for a cheap regulator.

97winger
02-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Swag it is! I swapped out the regulator with a borrowed one everything is working fine. One other question, could I have damaged that regulator by hooking up twin hundred pound tank to it? Thanks all for the quick replies and assistance. Becoming Full Timers has been a challenge for the first month.

JRTJH
02-04-2019, 03:13 PM
No, you didn't damage the regulator by connecting to a 100 pound tank. The pressure from either a 20, 30, 40 or 100 pound tank that flows to the regulator is the same, so the regulator simply doesn't know if it's a big or little tank. That said, all (not just Keystone) manufacturers buy the lowest bidder's products, usually made in China and of the "expected quality".... Yeah, I know, but like the tires, the steel in the bumper and the spring suspension, add the regulator to the list of "they coulda done better".....

At least you got it working and things are back to normal.

97winger
02-04-2019, 05:22 PM
I thought it could be a coincidence and soon as I hooked up II propane tank. Thanks again.