PDA

View Full Version : CB radio

Pete A.
02-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Are CB radios still used and are they useful while towing:confused::confused:

Chris P
02-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Some 18 wheelers still use them, old school guys have them .With cell phones and apps like Waze and don't forget about navigation in most vehicles now I think they are fading away.

JRTJH
02-03-2019, 10:57 AM
If you enjoy listening to profanity, enjoy hearing people "cuss out stupid drivers" and arrange drug/lot lizard negotiations, that's about all I've heard on CB radios for the past several years.

They do serve a purpose, but the "price you pay in BS" will probably mean it doesn't get used much, if at all. YMMV

travelin texans
02-03-2019, 12:23 PM
If you enjoy listening to profanity, enjoy hearing people "cuss out stupid drivers" and arrange drug/lot lizard negotiations, that's about all I've heard on CB radios for the past several years.

They do serve a purpose, but the "price you pay in BS" will probably mean it doesn't get used much, if at all. YMMV

Totally agree!
Unfortunately the class of truck drivers has diminished greatly in the last 20 years.

Fishsizzle
02-03-2019, 01:02 PM
No longer “Knights of the Road”

Willie & Bev
02-03-2019, 01:03 PM
We still ride a Honda Gold Wing that has been converted into a trike and the group we ride with uses CB to communicate. The only time we use Channel 19 is to check on interstate road conditions due to an accident. The rest of the time we are usually on channel 1. When it's just Bev and I, the CB is usually off.

Bisjoe
02-04-2019, 05:01 AM
The navigation in my truck has traffic conditions, so no need for a CB any more, though I used to always have oine installed in my trucks until the late 1990s. We do have a set of small walkie-talkies, to communicate if I'm out fishing and my wife is in the trailer in areas with little or poor cell service.