PDA

View Full Version : Heat!

Jillie-Pat Rolling Resort
02-02-2019, 11:47 AM
RE 2018 26RBPR. it is really hot in the bathroom and really cold in the bedroom. This unit is new and under warranty. Do I have a problem or are they all like this? Any suggestions on redirecting some of the air to the bedroom? Thanks to all for your assistance.

busterbrown
02-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Based on the layout of your coach, this is something inherent in the placement of the furnace by the manufacturer. Ideally, a furnace placed mid cabin will provide the best distribution of heat. When it comes to the 26RBPR, it's placed near the rear, adjacent to the bathroom. With this, you'll get a tremendous amount of usable heat (almost too much) in the back of the coach. The long runs of foil duct that carry that usable heat to the front is the other problem. The heated air will cool off quite a bit before it reaches the front bedroom vents. Your main living space won't be impacted too much.

Other issues that can compound the inefficiency of the design are blockages, holes, and/or separation in the duct work. If you search this site, you'll see threads (and remedies) on how some have dealt with heat distribution problems. A first (and obvious) tactic is to damper off (or close off) the vent to the bathroom. It's proximity to the furnace should only require a small vent opening as the air will be at it's warmest here.

If there is absolutely no warm air flow to the front bed room, then that may be a warranty concern as all the duct work is contained in the underbelly. Not much you can do outside of removing the coroplast in order to gain access.

chuckster57
02-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Only advise about closing or restricting air flow, it can cause the “limit” switch to turn off the flame.

TLB
02-03-2019, 06:01 AM
Maybe try adding a small fan to move air around from one area to another like we do in the hot summer.
Or increase your snuggle time like we do.

German Shepherd Guy
02-03-2019, 06:43 AM
Our 26RBPR is exactly the same. Busterbrown is correct, as is Chuckster57. Fortunately DW and I like to sleep cool. Long run under the floor not much heat gets to the floor vent in bedroom and no good way to check if it is sealed properly. One up side, in cool weather you will not get out of the shower and be cold.

CaptnJohn
02-03-2019, 09:06 AM
Only advise about closing or restricting air flow, it can cause the “limit” switch to turn off the flame.

I have a 2017 HC 370BR. The bonus room and bathroom each have ONE heat and AC duct. The bathroom gets too much and bonus room too little. The floor register is standard found at any hardware. I bought the adjustable floor register and it is almost closed, fixed both heat concerns. I'll be doing the same with the AC before summer. Even when temps dropped recently the furnace was not a problem.

maccam1
02-03-2019, 05:45 PM
I just leave the bathroom door partially open so heat moves to bedroom.
The a.c. I've blocked off the ceiling vent,to cool the bedroom more.

tmitteer
01-14-2020, 05:02 PM
We have the same exact trailer and see the same thing. Luckily for us, we like a cool bedroom and hate getting out of the shower into a cold bathroom.

foldbak
01-14-2020, 05:44 PM
Same issue here. Small closed room verses large open room. Open the bathroom door :cool: