PDA

View Full Version : Diagonal Crack in Exterior Wall from Front Slideout Corner

campingdude
01-29-2019, 03:01 PM
Hi,
We purchased a 2016 Raptor 352TS in December 2015 and in February 2018 noticed a 4 inch crack coming from the left bottom corner of the bedroom slideout. Camping World said we'd need to contact Keystone to see if they'd cover the repair. Keystone said since we are outside of the 1 year warranty, and since we had a hitch mounted to the back of the RV by Camping World, they would not cover the repair.

Camping World believes this crack is indicative of a structural crack, but needs to spend considerable hours further investigating and we would be responsible.

I am wondering if anyone else had any luck getting Camping World or Keystone to cover this. I would think that under no circumstances should a structural element (e.g., the frame, etc.) be cracking at any time, and wondering if it may be time to initiate a class action lawsuit to cover this (I am seeing others online who are complaining of a similar issue).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

JRTJH
01-29-2019, 03:25 PM
There are several reports of frame welds breaking, frame cracks and FILON cracks caused by frame flexing. If you do a forum search using the search tab in the black bar at the top of every forum webpage, you should get several discussions of this issue. Search for items like, "frame crack" "weld crack" "FILON crack" "sidewall crack" etc.

Tbos
02-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Trailer life magazine intervened a couple years back for someone with a similar issue. You might try that.

gearhead
02-07-2019, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a positive response from Keystone. Ain't nuttin in it for them.
You got a starving lawyer in the family?