PDA

View Full Version : Outside kitchen fridge

agargano98
01-26-2019, 02:17 AM
Has anyone vented their outside kitchen door? My compartment gets super hot with the mini fridge inside causing the fridge not to work well.

jsmith948
01-26-2019, 07:13 AM
Don't know which trailer you have. On our Laredo, any heat generated by the outdoor fridge would easily escape into the main coach through the entertainment center cabinetry. The outdoor t.v. slides into the back of a "blind" cabinet next to the indoor t.v. Haven't noticed any heat build up yet.
Have you checked to see if there is adequate space/clearance between the fridge and the surrounding wall and/or cabinetry?

agargano98
01-26-2019, 07:19 AM
I have the passport grand touring 3320bh. There is next to no clearance around the fridge. The compartment is just big enough for the cube fridge. One of the bunk beds is directly above.

vampress_me
01-26-2019, 08:27 AM
Our outside kitchen set up looks like yours. On ours, the back wall behind the fridge is vented to the inside of the camper. It is situated under the bunk beds, and has a “wooden” 12”x12” louvered cover over the hole in the wall. The only change I did to Keystone’s setup was to sandwich screening between the wall and the vent cover so bugs couldn’t get in when we have the outside kitchen door open. I don’t know if it’s a possibility to add that vent in the wall to yours, but it seems to work great with our little fridge.