PDA

View Full Version : 5th Wheel Cover

Braysgrandpa
01-25-2019, 07:20 AM
Hello. I own a Montana High Country 340BH. I am looking to purchase a cover for it, one that covers it completely. It is 42 feet from pin to bumper, but the largest cover I can find on the interwebs is 40 ft. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where can I find a cover? Thanks!

Gegrad
01-25-2019, 07:47 AM
Amazon has one for 40- 43' 5ers here:
https://www.amazon.com/ADCO-34858-Designer-Gray-White-x/dp/B00VBRUT0W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1548431169&sr=8-7&keywords=adco+rv+cover

I had the brand and found it to be a decent cover.

travelin texans
01-25-2019, 08:09 AM
Hello. I own a Montana High Country 340BH. I am looking to purchase a cover for it, one that covers it completely. It is 42 feet from pin to bumper, but the largest cover I can find on the interwebs is 40 ft. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where can I find a cover? Thanks!

Two questions, does the wind blow regularly & do you have a lot of rain?
If yes to either of these you may want to do some research on covers.
They don't hold up well in windy areas, chaff the paint/fiberglass when flapping constantly & it's like a giant sail when trying to put it on/off .
If wet constantly it won't let the rv breathe & promotes mold inside & out.
If you haven't guessed I'm not a fan of rv covers. A good washing & waxing before or after storage is my recommendation.
Others will comment now that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, been using the same cover for xx years & still in good shape.
This was my story & I'm sticking to it!!!

Braysgrandpa
01-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Probably should have said that I live in south central Texas, near San Antonio. My main concern is the sun beating my pricey hobby to death!

travelin texans
01-25-2019, 09:48 AM
I'm from Texas also! Therefore my suggestion for washing/waxing a couple times a year is still my recommendation with NO cover.
But it's your rv so do what you feel is best for YOU regardless of what I or anyone else suggests.