PDA

View Full Version : Cape Lookout State Park-Oregon

Roscoe
01-23-2019, 02:44 PM
Going to be there March 7-10. spot c49. has anyone ever camped there in the past? Never been to this camp ground so looking forward to checking out the sites and the beach. If any cool spots to check out let me know! happy camping everyone

bfam5
01-23-2019, 03:28 PM
We stayed in site D09 last October. It was a tight fit to keep the TV parked on the pavement at our site.

It's a great place to stay. There is easy beach access and a few trails through the campground. I think weather will be the wildcard.

If you drive up the hill, you can hike the Cape Lookout trail to get a great view. It is not too strenuous, but I expect it to be very muddy in March.

Cape Meares lighthouse is a bit further north with an easy walk from the parking lot. The octopus tree is also near there.

In Tillamook, there is the Creamery.

Have fun!

Roscoe
01-23-2019, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. Have been to tillamook multiple times for the great cheese and ice cream. It’s our goal this year to stay at only campgrounds we have not been to already. Except for spring campground at crescent lake and fort Stevens for annual trips. If anyone from the forum is going to be there while we are come by the site for a beer. Cheers

Fishsizzle
01-24-2019, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. Have been to tillamook multiple times for the great cheese and ice cream. It’s our goal this year to stay at only campgrounds we have not been to already. Except for spring campground at crescent lake and fort Stevens for annual trips. If anyone from the forum is going to be there while we are come by the site for a beer. Cheers

We freaked 2 years ago. Rolled up to Spring Camp and most of it switched to Reservation without us knowing. Luckily there were 2 sites that were first come and got out 2 weeks in. I nearly blew a gasket.

rhagfo
01-24-2019, 06:18 AM
We freaked 2 years ago. Rolled up to Spring Camp and most of it switched to Reservation without us knowing. Luckily there were 2 sites that were first come and got out 2 weeks in. I nearly blew a gasket.
Yes, most coastal Oregon SP are reservation.

Fishsizzle
01-24-2019, 06:39 AM
Yes, most coastal Oregon SP are reservation.

Yeah SP have been for years. Spring camp at Crescent Lake was the last holdout of the campgrounds that didn’t need reservations.

Hoodoo has all campgrounds changed over to reservation in Cental Oregon, and then they lost the contract to manage them this year.

Roscoe
01-24-2019, 08:27 AM
https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233225

this is the site you need to go to now to book spring, we will be there for the 4th of july week, spot #43. we have had the same spot now for the last 3 years for the same week every year.

Roscoe
01-24-2019, 09:00 AM
The first picture is July 4th of 2017, different truck, trailer and jet ski TV, the 2nd picture is last year at the same spot. Newer truck, newer trailer and newer TV for the jet skis. If you guys ever get a chance to go to spring campground I highly recommend it.