PDA

View Full Version : RV show

CrazyCain
01-18-2019, 06:27 AM
Heading to the RV show in Grand Rapids Mi this morning. Well now, lets just see what might be in my near future..

:cool::rolleyes::hide::popcorn:

chuckster57
01-18-2019, 07:06 AM
The big show we are part of ends this weekend. I see lots of OT for me for a few weeks LOL!!

CrazyCain
01-18-2019, 07:19 AM
Im always impressed by how they squeeze all those Trailers in a building

JRTJH
01-18-2019, 08:53 AM
Tom,

If you don't find what you're looking for in GR, the CW in Houghton Lake is having their "annual outdoor RV show" Jan 24-27. I can't imagine walking around outside in January climbing in and out of RV's, but CW "cheaped out" (or found some other reason) not to go to the indoor arena in Cadillac this year. I can't imagine all the snow, salt, ice and "general mess" is going to be tracked into those RV's next weekend....

notanlines
01-18-2019, 09:00 AM
The Tampa show is going on right now....maybe the biggest in the country. Right up there with Hershey or bigger. We looked at a Prevost at $2.4 million but they didn't have our color.....:D

spade117
01-18-2019, 09:07 AM
I went and perused our local show last evening. Nice looking units out there.

JRTJH
01-18-2019, 09:22 AM
I went and perused our local show last evening. Nice looking units out there.

I'm not trying to "put a damper on" any RV show, heck I go to them when I get a chance... That said, the part above that I changed to red is, IMHO, the motivator for most "spur of the moment RV show sales"....

To me, YMMV, "nice looking" doesn't necessarily mean "better working" (think In-Command furnace operation below 40F) and, the more "automation" they build into RV's the less likely we are to manage a 2 week "boondocking" vacation without having problems.....

There's something to be said for "luxury when it works" and there's something to be said for "Keep It Simple, Stupid" (KISS)....

I wonder how many RV sales are motivated by "BLING SMACKS" when someone says (or thinks) "Holy crap, I gotta have that before Joe sees it !!!!!"

Pull Toy
01-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Any salesman that says "Today only. I can't give you that price tomorrow" ... Time to move on down the line!

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting!

CrazyCain
01-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Really big show, tons to look at. Didn't see any that really caught our eye though. Saw a few that had NO dinette, never seen that before. Looking at TT's that have the rear kitchen, double doors and stuff, They had a few of those. Saw a nice Cougar half - Ton we "liked". 32RLI. Curious, what does the half - ton mean anyway??:whistling::confused:

Spinkboy
01-18-2019, 06:15 PM
Half tons are just lighter weight for 1/2 ton towable. I have one but still use a F250 for her.

CrazyCain
01-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Half tons are just lighter weight for 1/2 ton towable. I have one but still use a F250 for her.

ah, ok

kjohn
01-18-2019, 07:11 PM

We had a 2017 21RBS that weighed 5200 lbs. empty. Our new 2019 22RBS weighs 5500 lbs. empty. The 22 is a "Half Ton" model. We will be pulling it with F150. Not sure if I would want anything much bigger to pull. I'm sure we will be hearing the old, "never know it was behind" line, but I will tell anyone that those trailers do make their presence known. :)

travelin texans
01-18-2019, 07:51 PM
"Half ton towable", "Polar or Artic", "4 Seasons coach" are all sales hype!!
Don't bank any money on any of those sales slogans being close to accurate.
I'm sure there are a few models of every brand that are half ton towable, my point being do your homework, DO NOT just take a salesman word that your 1/2 will tow it.
Also don't just back up, hitch up to your "1/2 ton towable Polar package" travel trailer & head to the mountains this time of year without making sure your well equipped for both. Without doing your own homework you may find that #1 you may not even make it up the mountain, #2 everything will be froze up by morning.

chuckster57
01-18-2019, 08:02 PM
"Half ton towable", "Polar or Artic", "4 Seasons coach" are all sales hype!!
Don't bank any money on any of those sales slogans being close to accurate.

Grand Designs 150 series fifth wheels are 1/2 ton towable, this senior member of the weight police has hitched up quite a few. We don’t sell Keystone so I can’t speak to those.