PDA

View Full Version : Mattress size in 3400RL

daveinaz
01-17-2019, 12:41 PM
The brochure that came with our Montana 3400RL says that it came with a 80" x 60" queen mattress standard, with a king size as an option.

We were going to replace the mattress and found that the PO had already replaced it a few years ago -- but the replacement mattress is only 72" x 48" or so which appears to be a 3/4 size mattress. I measured the platform and it's about the same size.

So I'm wondering if the 3400RL really came originally with a 80" x 60" RV queen mattress, and if so, if it hangs off the platform on the edges or if the PO may have cut down the platform. I also see that platform is not the same size all the way around. It is narrower up by the headboard side and wider on the foot side where it lifts up for the storage. Is it normal for the mattress to hany over the platform a half foot or so on the sides?

Thanks.

SummitPond
01-17-2019, 01:30 PM
We have a 19FBPR with a queen bed. Its dimensions are 72" X 58" (not 48"). And yes, it does hang a few inches off the foot end of the platform (and you'll find other postings on this forum regarding the same issue). The mattress is a regular rectangle, however - it doesn't taper.

Edit: It does not overhang on the sides.

daveinaz
01-17-2019, 03:25 PM
We have a 19FBPR with a queen bed. Its dimensions are 72" X 58" (not 48"). And yes, it does hang a few inches off the foot end of the platform (and you'll find other postings on this forum regarding the same issue). The mattress is a regular rectangle, however - it doesn't taper.

Edit: It does not overhang on the sides.

LOL. I better remeasure. Maybe my lysdexia is flaring up. Maybe it's 58, not 48.

JRTJH
01-17-2019, 03:46 PM
The bed platform in our Cougar is roughly 58" wide and 72" long. The mattress is 60x75. Ours doesn't "taper in at the head" but I have seen some that are slightly narrower at the head than the foot, to allow for room for the base to lift and still clear the night stands/closets on either side of the bed platform while still allowing for maximum support at the foot of the mattress.

sourdough
01-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Ours came with a residential queen mattress supposedly 60x80 (didn't measure). Bought a new aftermarket residential queen (60x80 - measured) and it fit perfectly. The base might be 58" wide (didn't pull up the mattress to measure) but it's very close to the same width. Length is the same - maybe 1/2 - 1" shorter than the mattress.

ErickW
02-06-2019, 10:52 AM
My 2011 3665RE originally came with the queen sized mattress, but the PO had put in a king size (not very tall, not comfortable at all!!) I replaced that with a memory gel foam king mattress, which was fine, except it was tall enough that I had to take the shelves on either side of the bed and relocate them onto the wall over the head of the bed. it hangs over slightly on the sides and the end, but I have no problems with it.