PDA

View Full Version : Solar questions

Pacburrows
01-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Hi folks
I am putting solar power on my 42ft Raptor coach. We will be full timing with a lot of boondocking. I am sending this post to find out what some of you have done. There are so many brands and kits out there that I have gotten overwhelmed. I am looking for a 3000 watt inverter/charger and supporting solar panel system that will keep my 4 batteries charged. Some of the brands I've looked at have several kits. Has anybody used any of those kits? I am confused about panel watts and how many to install. I have a friend who installed a GO Power! System with 4 panels. Does anyone else have experience with this company? I also have looked at AIMS Solar but have read mixed reviews. With such a diverse group of people, some of you out there must have the knowledge and technical wisdom to help me out. Thanks

chuckster57
01-16-2019, 07:32 PM
We have installed several go power systems. Quality seems very good and directions are straight forward for the DIY’r.

roadglide
01-16-2019, 09:57 PM
I have aims 3 k inverter that works for me . Get the on off plug in switch for the aims inverter. I would have though the switch would have come with the inverter . Your correct there are way to many inverters to review them all.