PDA

View Full Version : Lippert Equa-Flex w/ MORryde Heavy Duty Shackle Kit

chay1950
01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
A lot has been written about the Lippert Equa-Flex system vs MORryde Cre3000 and Wet bolts/Brass Bushings vs Never-Fail Bushings. The best I can determine is that it's personal preference. I have a 2018 Keystone Springdale Summerland. it has 7700 - 7800 miles. After much study I've decided to go with the Lippert Equa-flex with the MORryde Heavy Duty Shackles and Wet-Bolts. I may even use the Never-Fail bushings and get new #5 bolts and use the MORryde bushings. I like the extra thickness they provide. Anyone have an opinion on this? Pro? Con? I'd like to see what others think of this.

chuckster57
01-06-2019, 03:25 PM
Any improvement over the plastic inserts and “dry” bolts is a good thing.

jsmith948
01-06-2019, 04:06 PM
"Never Fail" bushings is akin to "maintenance free batteries" No such thing - IMHO. Go with the wet bolts. As to which equalizer is better, I have only had the TrailAire equalizers. Have had good luck with them on two trailers. But, the other 2 brands/types probably work just as well.:)

travelin texans
01-06-2019, 07:28 PM
The Mor Ryde shackle kit comes with bronze bushings, use them, pass on the Never Fail. IMHO if you have a boat/utility trailer use the Never Fail bushings, but not on your heavy rv suspension.
My 5er come equipped with the Equa flex & at about 6000 miles I added the MR heavy shackles/wet bolt/bronze bushings, now has approximately 60k & no suspension issues.

chay1950
01-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. It's settled then. I'm going with the Lippert Equa-Flex and the MORryde Heavy shackle kit w/ wet bolts.