PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indiana

JJaxon
01-05-2019, 06:15 AM
New member to the Keystone family. I've been camping and RVing my entire life, getting close to retirement now, so I went big. Recently purchased an almost new 2018 Carbon 347 toy hauler, barely used, for an amazing cost savings over new. The seller was family so I know the history of this RV. My current tow vehicle is a 2017 Ram 2500 cc 4x4 with Cummins diesel. I haven't yet towed with this combination since my TV was used for bumper pull until this recent purchase. I am still using this off season to research and decide on the hitch I'll buy. I'm leaning toward the Andersen Ultimate.

I enjoy outdoor activities, and kayaking is near the top of my list of fun things to do. Also building up a golf cart to take with us. I do post videos on my YouTube channel RedRoofRetriever about projects and mods I'm working on. Check in and see what I'm doing.

My last RV was a 2006 Starcraft Travel Star bumper pull toy hauler Hybrid. Great rv, but not a 4 season and lacking bells and whistles, and luxury items we want as we get older.

I enjoy reading these RV forums and learn a lot from others posts. I already have my 1st mod planned and will post about it in a new thread.

14george
01-05-2019, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the fourm from Wv congrats

PARAPTOR
01-05-2019, 08:28 AM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new TH ! Enjoy :dance:

You are going to be connecting your current TV to a load, These Toy Haulers in general are pin heavy I think your pin weight is going to be in excess of 3K

Be Safe and Happy Camping :camping: in your new TH !!

Rber1234
01-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern IL

sourdough
01-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the forum! I would echo the warning by PARAPTOR; the pin on that toy hauler will probably be mid 3k lbs. (the gvw is 17k). Look at the numbers, especially payload, on the driver door of the truck. I think you'll find that you will be exceeding payload, if not all of the other numbers.

5J's
01-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Congrats and welcome to the forum from SE Texas.