PDA

View Full Version : Furrion Camera

John F
12-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Hi! Just received my new Sprinter Campfire with camera prep. Installed the Furrion observation Camera but it has no power. Tried Running lights and Reverse. O volts.

Does anyone know how Keystone supposedly wires this. Is there a switch somewhere?

Thanks
John Falcone

KeithInUpstateNY
12-31-2018, 02:23 PM
I don't know how Keystone wires for the backup camera, but my understanding from my dealer's tech is that it is not from the running lights like he did mine after market.

Have you checked to see if there is an empty 12V fuse socket labeled for the camera?

John F
01-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Ok. Found out it is wired to running light. Keystone wired it wrong and reversed the positive and negative. Took it apart and corrected wiring and added silicone to seal and works fine. So far I have found that quality control is suspect with Keystone. How could the installer not know what color wires are positive and negative in their unit? Ridiculous. I should send a bill.

WNY Bullet
01-03-2019, 02:34 AM
Glad you figured it out!

travelin texans
01-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Ok. Found out it is wired to running light. Keystone wired it wrong and reversed the positive and negative. Took it apart and corrected wiring and added silicone to seal and works fine. So far I have found that quality control is suspect with Keystone. How could the installer not know what color wires are positive and negative in their unit? Ridiculous. I should send a bill.

If that's the worst you've found consider yourself very fortunate.