PDA

View Full Version : HappiJac Bunk Bed - Lowering Top Bed

Mongoose9400
12-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Quick question before I try it.

If I remove the stop blocks in the track for the top bed, is there enough travel in the mechanism to lower the top bed all the way down onto the lower bed?

I have adults (older) that would rather not use the flimsy ladder to climb into the top bunk. I have a nice mattress setup on the top bunk for adults so I’d rather see if I can just lower the bed all the way down and make it easier and safer for them to get into and out of bed.

xrated
12-29-2018, 11:12 AM
It will lower enough that you can get in it without the ladder.

Mongoose9400
12-29-2018, 11:14 AM
It will lower enough that you can get in it without the ladder.

Lower enough to rest on the lower bed, or will it be supported by the chains in the lift? Just curious if I'll need to add pin stops or something to hold the weight when all the way down.

chuckster57
12-29-2018, 01:15 PM
I can tell you from experience, you might want to reconsider taking the blocks out. They aren’t any fun putting back in, ask me how I know.

Mongoose9400
12-29-2018, 01:20 PM
I can tell you from experience, you might want to reconsider taking the blocks out. They aren’t any fun putting back in, ask me how I know.

I've raised the blocks before already to make the ladder match the height of the bunk frame better. Mine didn't give me any problems to remove and reinstall. Just like taking out any other screw and putting back in. Two screws held each block in place. Each screw hole was a raised, threaded nub, that the block matched up to.

What was your problem with removing them and reinstalling?

chuckster57
12-29-2018, 01:23 PM
I don’t remember the exact issue as it was quite a while ago.

Pull Toy
12-30-2018, 06:07 AM
I did it once on my former toy box, never tried it again! As I recall, you had to be double jointed contorshionist to get the nuts and bolts back in places. I was trying to use the more comfortable bunk, as the lower one doubled as a sofa. It wasn’t comfortable as a bed. The factory probably sets the stops prior to mounting in the camper,, or used special tool. My guess would be the first way.

Good Luck,

Pbutler82
03-31-2021, 06:02 PM
Can anyone send me a pictures or describe the bunk stops in detail?
We purchased a used fuzion toy hauler and the previous owner took out the bunk stops and didn’t give them to us when purchased. We cannot use the top bunk at this time and cannot find just those pieces so we are trying to make them ourselves. Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

BigBobIa
03-31-2021, 06:19 PM

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f28/bunk-bed-adjustments-62075.html

SSquare
05-02-2021, 04:02 PM
Can anyone please tell me the best place to find a replacement switch for my bunk beds for 2017 Keystone Raptor 426? Thank you much.

Brentw
05-02-2021, 06:25 PM
I remove mine as well, only put them back if planning on needing both beds ( seldom), the top bunk is more comfy than the benches to sleep on. The top bunk is low enough to use without a stool.

chuckster57
05-03-2021, 05:17 AM
Can anyone please tell me the best place to find a replacement switch for my bunk beds for 2017 Keystone Raptor 426? Thank you much.

HappiJack is a Lippert product, I would contact them.

DanandTill
09-25-2021, 11:27 AM
We heard some unusual clicking noise and cable system jerking this week.
When trouble shooting; the rear left (below motor box) track is messed up.
The chain is jamming at top and has pulled the lower roller and metal holding frames into the track, bending them. We removed the lower mechanism, re-straightened it, and immediately happened again!
Now, the rar left lower bed system has dropped 1-2 inches lower than the other 3.!!

We are at a loss to troubleshoot this any further.

Coincidentally, we had removed the upper bunk in-track plate brakes last week to lower the top bunk towards the floor for better sleeping access. And, also removed the lower Rt. couch bench to create an improved working space for desk.
Help appreciated