PDA

View Full Version : HOT water :(

Mij
08-09-2011, 07:23 PM
:confused:Can you turn down these hot water heaters? Not sure which one it is offhand but its in my 2011 Passport and I can switch it from gas to electric if I want. I warn all my daughters friends when they camp with us cause it comes out super hot without much warning. I can't find where to turn down I hate calling the dealer but I may have to:confused:

Johnnyfry
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Mine (318SAB) has a dial on the thermostat unit mounted to the read end of the heater. You will have to remove an access panel in the lower basement storage to get to it.

John

Mij
08-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Sh)t I don't have a basement.. I will have to look up my model #

Terrydactile
08-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Mine is an Atwood in our Passport and is preset from the factory at 140 and there is no adjustment. I'm told they are set hot to help make the small amount of hot water last longer.

Mij
08-14-2011, 05:36 PM
took off access panal and still not seeing a thermostat. The 140 temp makes sense, I would just like to have control

KO4A
08-15-2011, 06:53 AM
:confused:Can you turn down these hot water heaters? Not sure which one it is offhand but its in my 2011 Passport and I can switch it from gas to electric if I want. I warn all my daughters friends when they camp with us cause it comes out super hot without much warning. I can't find where to turn down I hate calling the dealer but I may have to:confused:
Only way I know is to put a mixer system in where you blend in some cold water to the hot water output. I had to do that for the old house because our water heater also was the baseboard heater so temperature had to be warmer.
Good luck.

Flyguy
08-21-2011, 03:48 PM
We have an 05 Springdale as per the signature, it is LP only and it does have an adjustable temp setting. It's right out in front when you drop the cover. It suprised me because I have never had one before. The WH is a Suburban.

christopherglenn
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Leave the bypass valves SLIGHTLY open, it will blend cold water as you use it. The flow rates will totally screw with things, the lower flow the more eratic it will be.