PDA

View Full Version : Valve question

SheriP
12-19-2018, 10:51 AM
I have a 2012 Cougar 26SAB. There are three valves for the different tanks but I can't figure out which are which. I also am having trouble trying to close the valve. Any help is appreciated.

Lee
12-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Hi,

If all 3 tanks are empty...... open 1 valve.

Go inside and turn on shower faucet,... see if water flows out. If water does... then which ever valve you have open is for the bath.

If water doesn't come out. Flush the toilet a few times.... if water comes out... then which ever valve you have open is for the black tank.

If water does not come out. Turn on the kitchen sink faucet.... if water comes out... then which ever valve is open is the grey galley tank.

Lee

travelin texans
12-19-2018, 12:21 PM
You will need a clear fitting put on your sewer hose to be able to watch what's draining.
With 3 valves you should have 2 grey tanks; 1 bath, lavatory/shower maybe washing machine & 1 kitchen/galley plus 1 black tank for the toilet, some may have a sink or possibly the shower draining into the black, but if it has a toilet draining into it's always dedicated as a black tank.
The color of the handles has nothing to do with the tank it may be connected to, if by chance it happens to match it's purely accidental.