PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater cutoff valve location 2008 Springdale 243

MtnGoat
12-18-2018, 01:23 PM
So I'm prepping for the upcoming overnite freezes.
I've found almost everything on this new-to-me trailer except the HW cutoff valve.

Any suggestions where this maybe are appreciated

Terry W.
12-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Are you talking about the water heater by-pass valve? It should be at the back of the heater

wiredgeorge
12-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Your water heater has an outside access; the back of the water heater is inside and accessible via a panel very likely covering the back. The panel will likely look like the other wood trim except it will be retained by a couple of screws and come off for access. The hot water heater bypass with be a valve between the cold water inlet and hot water outlet. Turning the valve 90 degrees will allow bypass of the hot water heater. You may want to drain the hot water heater after you close the bypass. I probably wouldn't put any anti-freeze in the hot water tank.

MtnGoat
12-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Ahhh theres a panel held with screws underneath the oven.
I'll check it out....and let you know.

Thanks for the quick reply.

JRTJH
12-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Here's what you're looking for. It's the valve on the bottom (cold water inlet) of the water heater. In the first photo, it's located at the base of the upright PEX tube. The top (hot water outlet) does not have a manual valve, just a "one way outlet valve).

MtnGoat
12-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Gotcha gonna check it out

MtnGoat
12-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Yep it was there behind the screwed in panel.
Took a bit to locate the valve as they installed the three way with the lever facing away from the opening.
Now to remove the the plug and check the anode.

Again thanks to all!
Now on to pulling a leaky window to reseal. Looks like fun.....